Canucks @ Habs - November 25th, 2003

jl.roberts

After winning the first outdoor game in NHL history, despite being thoroughly outplayed, our beloved Habs will return home after five games for "Vintage" Night versus the Vancouver Canucks. After completing a home-and-home series with the Maple Leafs, expect the 'Nucks to be a little tired. Richard Zednik has been hot for Montreal, with four goals in his last three games, but only six on the season. Mike Ribeiro is on fire, too. The Habs newest offensive threat is riding a five-game point streak. Look for Dan Cloutier to be in net for the Canucks. With emotions flying regarding the demotion of Marcel Hossa and Ron Hainsey, resident wonder boy Mike Komisarek, and AHL second leading scorer Pierre Dagenais will be looking to make a nice first impression in what could be their first contests of the year. GO HABS.

<B>Time :</B>7:30 PM EST

<B>Location :</B> Le Centre Bell "The Phone Booth" - Montreal, Quebec

<B>TV :</B> RDS

<B>Radio :</B> CJAD, CKAC, Team 990 (postgame)

------Habs----Habs------------Habs

,B>RDS Line-Up News</B>

<B>Stat Comparison</B>

<B>NHL.com Score Sheets</B>

<B>Between the Pipes:</B>

<i>TBD <b>vs.</b> Dan Cloutier

<B>Projected CH Line-Up </B>

<I>20 Zednik - 11 Koivu - 73 Ryder

94 Perreault - 71 Ribeiro - 26 Dagenais

38 Bulis - 90 Juneau - 24 Dackell

25 Kilger - 22 Begin - 37 Sundstrom

79 Markov - 43 Brisebois

44 Souray - 08 Komisarek

05 Quintal - 52 Rivet

</I>

<B>'Nucks Line-Up</B>

<I><B>TBD</B>

</i>

<B>Probable CH Scratches</B>

<I>82 Audette (indefinitely - shoulder), 51 Bouillon (probable), 15 Langdon (probable) </I>

<B>Probable 'Nucks Scratches </B>

<I>TBD</I>

------Habs----Habs------------Habs

<B>Key Match-Up</B>

0768.gif <b>vs.</b>

0219.gif

<B>Habs Game Thoughts</B>

• After coming off what should be a difficult home-and-home with the Leafs, what can the Habs expect from the 'Nucks top guns?
  • Will the top Vancouver trio be worn out, or will they be able to easily exploit Montreal's sluggish and slow defence?
  • With 4 goals in 3 games, Richard Zednik is re-establishing himself as the go-to guy in Montreal. Can the pace be kept up?
  • Darren Langdon said he would have a hard time fighting his old teammates, so why would he be in the line-up?
  • Who will be manning the nets? Expect Dan Cloutier for Vancouver, but who will we see in the le bleu, blanc, et rouge?

<B>Who to Watch For</B>

28774_2.jpg

28773_2.jpg

28725_2.jpg

-----Habs--------Habs-----------Habs-----

[Edited on 2003/11/25 by jl.roberts]

Good job on thread , but you might want to re-size that avatar :) , plus you can edit the part of the preview that says Cloutier played tonight (vs leafs) , Hedberg started... So looks like the habs see Cloutier tomorrow...

Man I really hope Komisarek plays , and I hope the habs dont get so easily pushed around in front of their own net as they were in the last meeting between the teams... But hey , if Komisarek plays , I doubt that happens...

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by puck7x

Man I really hope Komisarek plays , and I hope the habs dont get so easily pushed around in front of their own net as they were in the last meeting between the teams... But hey , if Komisarek plays , I doubt that happens...

Perhaps one of the reasons that Komisarek and Dagenais were called up is to add that physical presence both on the blue line (who's going to handle Bertuzzi? Rivet?:lol: - I know, I know, Souray, of course.) and up front (but supposedly Dagenais is not very physical and his skating ability is suspect).

Dagenais:

http://www.forecaster.ca/demo/hockey/player.cgi?1535

1-1, 7:00 minutes into the third.

CHalk the goal up to :

Richard Zednik (7) - Saku Koivu

Dagenais has received approx. five minutes of ice, and Kilger and Komisarek are tonight's healthy scratches. Dissapointing to see Kilger sat in favour of Langdon, who is utterly useless against he former team.:)

Except the shift where Langdon hammered Ohlund behind the net and Begin big hitted another one, the Habs are not showing any tempo, are not setting the pace of the game.. but are always waiting to see what Vancouver do. Dunno why Julien is not playing more the the 4th line.. that'll help to set the tempo in Habs' favor.

It's like if the Habs player don't know what to do when they cross the opposite blue line. In all the others zone they look good, but when they are on the opposite zone.. nothing. Absolutely no creativity. If you can't score, at least try to crash the net !?

:ghg:

damn.. 5-2 Lost

The 3 stars were given to the Morrison's line hehe

I guess it was because the Habs were back home from a long trip.

Dagenais didn't had the opportunity to show much.

Can't say the Habs played with much passion. There's no inspiration in this team. There's no offensive leader who would rally the others behind him..

GO Gainey!!:ghg:

[Edited on 2003-11-26 by sakiqc]

I know that the game was two days ago, but I would like to say a few thoughts.

-The worst game for Bulis. That’s not because he got -3 at the end. He didn’t fight for a puck well, looked completely lost.

-Canucks didn’t play at their best. I say they used 60% of the real power which was more than enough to kill us.

-Best game for Markov. He still hesitates in offensive area but his play on own zone is amazing.

-Sandstom is a new journey man.

-Claude is a bit confused where to put Sandstrom and De .Both are useless in 4 th line and can contribute to the 2nd.

-Theodore was just terrible. How many juicy rebounds he allowed that night???He could have been saved us in first three goals

Just to let you know I’m one of those rare fans that think Garon is better. So, don’t be harsh on me when I criticize Theo ;)