Habs Invite 21 To Prospects Camp

habscout

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/207970.html

Essentially, the Habs announced a list of 21 prospects for their summer development camp between July 10-15. I've read elsewhere that the camp is supposed to start on the 8th, but perhaps the first two days are for signing in, physicals and off ice activities.

Mathieu Aubin, C/AD, Lewiston (LHJMQ)

Mathieu Carle, D, Acadie-Bathurst (LHJMQ)

Cameron Cepek, D, Portland (WHL)

Kyle Chipchura, C, Prince Albert (WHL)

Matthew D’Agostini, AD, Guelph (OHL)

Alex Dulac-Lemelin, D, Baie-Comeau/Acadie-Bathurst (LHJMQ)

David Fischer, D, Apple Valley, Minn (USHSW)

Martin Fréchette, D, Gatineau (LHJMQ)

Jon Gleed, D, Cornell (ECAC)

Oskari Korpikari, D, Karpat (Finlande)

Sergei Kostitsyn, F, London (OHL)

Loïc Lacasse, G, Baie-Comeau/Drummondville (LHJMQ)

Guillaume Latendresse, AG, Drummondville (LHJMQ)

Benjamin Maxwell, C, Kootenay (WHL)

Juraj Mikus, AD, Skalica (Slovaquie)

Ryan O’Byrne, Cornell, D, (ECAC)

Philippe Paquet, D, Clarkson (NCAA)

Carey Price, G, Tri-City (WHL)

Gregory Stewart, AG, Peterborough (OHL)

Ryan White, C/AD, Calgary (WHL)

James Wyman, C, Dartmouth Coll.

Edited by habscout

Anyone got any info on D Martin Fréchette. Never heard of him.

Either me or RDS is hugely mistaken because I thought all along that Sergei Kostitsyn was a forward. He's listed as a D.

Does anybody know who is Martin Fréchette? I don't know if you noticed but the Bulldogs just signed Gleed and Dulac-Lemelin. We now get those two in addition to Benoit, Sanford (?), Côté and Archer for next year... It will be interesting to see how close our prospects defensemen are to AHL and NHL.

Do you think Korpikari could be an interesting addition to the Dogs defense?

:?-

I got it:

6.0 211 pounds shoots left; played with Gatineau

In 70 games, scored 12 goals, 31 assists and 134 PIM.

Hockeydb.com reports that Martin Fréchette had a decent season: 12 goals and 43 points in 70 games, with 134 PM. He appears to be the only player on his team that played the full season, and he's listed at 6'0" and 200 pounds. His birthdate is July 11, 1986, so I believe he could return to Gatineau as an overage player unless he plays well and the Habs sign him sooner to move him to Hamilton.

Yes, RDS made a mistake about Kostitsyn, listing him as a D; I changed it in my posting.

Hockeydb.com reports that Martin Fréchette had a decent season: 12 goals and 43 points in 70 games, with 134 PM. He appears to be the only player on his team that played the full season, and he's listed at 6'0" and 200 pounds. His birthdate is July 11, 1986, so I believe he could return to Gatineau as an overage player unless he plays well and the Habs sign him sooner to move him to Hamilton.

Yes, RDS made a mistake about Kostitsyn, listing him as a D; I changed it in my posting.

Hmm.. it appears he may have been born on the same day as my sister. Yes, that was a random.

If he's about to turn 20 in 4 days then I'd rather he plays at a higher level than Junior. His good offensive stats don't mean much there.

About Kostitsyn - wasn't he just loaned to HK Gomel or something and not be able to come to this camp?

any one knows If the public ca attend the practices??

It's positve to see korpikari here..we need to bolst up our D

I'm a bit disappointed not to see Sébastien Bisaillon 's name on the list. :(

Last year, he finished 5th among the defensemen in the Q with 35 goals & 36 assists with 56 pim. The downside on him, at the moment, is that he seems to have little to no defensive aptitude. He had a -27 record. Nevertheless, he could be trained to be a bit more defensively aware, I guess.

Also, he was invited to last year's rookie camp that was held before the main camp - the one where Latendresse wowed everybody.

I guess maybe Gainey & co were not sufficiently impressed... :(

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Wow, they're going to be practicing not far from my girlfriends house! I'm going to have to try and find a way in there.

If you can get in, give us your impressions on what happens, please. :mellow:

That would be great! :clap:

If you can get in, give us your impressions on what happens, please. :mellow:

That would be great! :clap:

Yeah, If I do I'll be sure to either post them on the boards or if I'm really lucky and get enough info, get some articles online for the site.

Can anyone confirm that this would be open to the public? Any extra information would be helpful (my french is a bit bad, so I don't fully understand the article).

Yeah, If I do I'll be sure to either post them on the boards or if I'm really lucky and get enough info, get some articles online for the site.

Can anyone confirm that this would be open to the public? Any extra information would be helpful (my french is a bit bad, so I don't fully understand the article).

For what it's worth, one guy who wrote a 'feedback' on RDS.ca/canadiens's article on the prospect's camp talks about going to the camp and watching the players.

I don't know if that means that the public has access to it or not but it's possible. I wouldn't know how to find out - call the Bell Center? or the Canadiens public relations office?

For what it's worth, one guy who wrote a 'feedback' on RDS.ca/canadiens's article on the prospect's camp talks about going to the camp and watching the players.

I don't know if that means that the public has access to it or not but it's possible. I wouldn't know how to find out - call the Bell Center? or the Canadiens public relations office?

Well, the location of the arena is a 5 minute walk (1 minute drive) from my girlfriends house. Funny thing is that we skated there several times this past winter. It's not a large arena, but not too shabby, mostly the local junior teams would play there, and as I said, open to the public during several nights.

Anyway, I have the number for it now, and I'll give them a call tomorrow (hopefully someone will answer). Or, I may even swing by and see if I can't find out anything in person.

I'm actually having a bit of trouble figuring out which arena it's at. There's one in Lachine, but the one I'm finding the address for just now is in Ville-Saint-Pierre. Which means I no longer have a phone number for it, lol.

Ah well, figure it out in the morning I guess.

I'm actually having a bit of trouble figuring out which arena it's at. There's one in Lachine, but the one I'm finding the address for just now is in Ville-Saint-Pierre. Which means I no longer have a phone number for it, lol.

Ah well, figure it out in the morning I guess.

its arena martin lapointe

if its open to the public, i'd like to go sinde I work on the evening shift, i could go every day ...sweet

Wow, they're going to be practicing not far from my girlfriends house!

You have a girlfriend!? How can you do this to me!? I thought we had somethign special! You *****!!!

Okay, back on topic - a guy I want to do well is Oskari Korpikari.

its arena martin lapointe

if its open to the public, i'd like to go sinde I work on the evening shift, i could go every day ...sweet

So it's in Ville-Saint-Pierre, close to Lachine right?

183, Rue des Erables (Near St. Jacques street)

lol, I found 2 maps to 2 different arenas. However, I've now figured out which is which, and I'll likely be at all the practices next week since it's open to the public. I'm going to try and get there like an hour early, if not more. I remember last year someone was doing articles on the one they had in Pierrefonds, (slightly different than this camp though) and apparently the place was completely packed... worse and worse each passing day.

I was just at the arena, it's a 4 minute drive from my house, so no problems there.

I got a digital camera for my birthday, so should I get in, I'll have lots of pictures for you guys :D.

I got a digital camera for my birthday, so should I get in, I'll have lots of pictures for you guys :D.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

I was just at the arena, it's a 4 minute drive from my house, so no problems there.

You rock Macaskill! Thanks a lot.

:ninja: