Mark Bell

I actually think this trade works out well for all teams involved.

Taking stock, the Sharks get the power forward to plunk onto Thornton's line. Mark Bell's going to hit the 30 goal plateau with Thornton and Cheechoo at his side.

The Hawks were desperate for elite scoring.. remember they offered a gigantic contract to Patrik Elias. Havlat is overpaid at 6million dollars, but that's why teams with no playoff pedigree have to do to attract stars. Overpay them. If Kubina's worth 5, then Havlat is worth 6. Smolinski is a decent centre.

The Sens open up a lot of cap room to acquire another forward. Pick up 2 decent prospects in Henessy and Barinka, and round out their D with Preissing, who's very similar to Brian Pothier who they lost to FA.

Maybe acquiring these prospects is a way of restocking after the loss of Brandon Bochenski in the Arnason deal. That was dumb of Muckler.

WHY DID THIS POST TWICE (SORRY) ?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I still want Aucoin :)

Bell for Ribs ROFL some "rumours" are so funny... lol more like Havlat for Bell and it'd take 12 Ribs to fit into Havlat.

I'm surprised though Muckler should have JUMPED on BELL...

Yah, it's foot shooting season, can't wait till some teams are in troubles cause they can't re-sign some key players... The actual trend (everywhere but in MTL, it seems) is to think SHORT TERM... Chicago and Boston will be SCREWED in 2 years. Totally screwed.

I fail to see how. Chances are the cap will have increased signfiicantly by then. At least that's what their management is probably banking on.

Muckler, yeah when I saw the headline "Havlat, Smolinski to Chicago in 3 Way Deal", my first instinct was the good ol' Ottawa 67 Mark Bell was returning to Ottawa...but I guess they didn't want Bell.

I fail to see how. Chances are the cap will have increased signfiicantly by then. At least that's what their management is probably banking on.

NHL was at a record level last season... not sure it'll go always on increasing... I think it might actually stale for some years.

you know this is was all just a ploy so san jose could have bell to trade for ribs.

:P

Oh yeah..

I'm thinking we trade Zednik, Bonk, Ribiero and Aebischer

for

Bell, Joe Thornton

Sounds fair, huh guys? That way San Jose can have 3 goalies! :lol:

(I'm just kidding, in case someone actually thinks that this is going to happen) :king:

Oh yeah..

I'm thinking we trade Zednik, Bonk, Ribiero and Aebischer

for

Bell, Joe Thornton

Sounds fair, huh guys? That way San Jose can have 3 goalies! :lol:

(I'm just kidding, in case someone actually thinks that this is going to happen) :king:

be cautious, it could be reported on code or eklund in 30 mins... then on TSN and RDS in 3-4 days.