Giguere's Ducks Days Numbered?

mathieu30

Take it for what it's worth:

Giguère n'est plus dans les plans des Ducks

Bryzgalov told a Russian newspaper (sovietsky sport) the Ducks called him stating that they want him as the team's #1. The team also told the russian netminder they are shopping Giguère. No takers.

Bryzgalov the Ducks #1? No kidding?

Get jiggy with it.

Edited by mathieu30

Haha!

""I got a call from the club and they told me that they see me as their number one goaltender," he told Sovietsky Sport newspaper. "They also want to trade Giguere but no one wants him."

what a moron. i hope it'll get giguere angry and play the best hockey he's ever played just to shut his best friend up

Well, an interesting "web" of intrigue from the Ducks, if Giguere can't be traded, Anaheim will have to pick up a hefty "bill," of course this whole new story could just be a "canard" designed to attract interest from other managers.

How accurate are the Russian newspapers thought? Remember the Emilin incident, there were 2-3 different stories coming out of the Russian press/websites.................

Bryzgalov has just made Burke's options that much more interesting. I'd keep an eye on the Ducks, they haven't made all their moves just yet! And with Vancouver looking to unload you never know whats cookin'!

I doubt Vancoucer will get a goalie. They got Noronen who I think will be asking again for another trade. If he couldn't stand in the shadow of Miller or Biron he'll have no chance at all with Luongo as the Nucks' number 1 guy.

Luongo can play about 70 or more games a season. Noronen will be unhappy again.

This is why I have the utmost respect for Burke! With one press article he turns the negative reports on him, the ducks and his two netminders into a positive and gets the word out to other GM's that if the price is right, the ducks will trade either of the two goalies.

"No one from our organization has told either goalie they will be our No. 1 goalie, nor has anyone told them they will be traded. What I did tell each player was that since they have both established themselves as No. 1 goalies in the league, we would listen to (trade) offers on either of them, but I haven't offered either to any team, period." - Burke

full article.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171517&hubname=nhl

Edited by Chips