Interesting Article On Canadiens Rookies

Habitforming

For those that have not read it from the main page here is the link.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=5126

I found it funny that in an article about rookies/prospects firsts ( games, goals etc.) that Kostitsyn and his first games and goals were not mentioned like Ferland and Perezhogin.

Is this just an oversight or is he not slated to be with the team in the immediate future?

I would like to think it is just an oversight but you can't/don't write an article about rookies and not include your top prospect and his contributions.

Does anyone else find this odd or have I been watching Drunk Gibson's Conspiracy Theory too much? :wacko:

Did Kostisyn score in his first game? I know he scored on his first shot.

I would consider it his first game, but technically it was his third.

"12/14/2005 Andrei Kostitsyn (Montreal Canadiens) - welcome to the NHL!

Andrei Kostytsin made his NHL debut with the Montreal Canadiens on December 1st, 2005. The young forward skated for just 40 seconds, but the NHL debut is a welcome sign in the player’s development, as he has not stood out as one of the scoring leaders in the AHL before being called up. After getting a bit more than a minute of total ice time in the first two contests, got a few more shifts in the third contest and earned his keep by connecting on Chris Higgins’ one timer from behind the net to put the puck top shelf. Andrei Kostitsyn – welcome to the NHL! "

I was lucky enough to be in the there to see. It was pretty special since andy was my favourite prospect at the time. oddly enough, I didn't know he was playing. the canadiens had their vintage jersey and there hard to figure out the numbers in the back...I tought it was perezhogin who scored :blush:

Does anyone else find this odd or have I been watching Drunk Gibson's Conspiracy Theory too much? :wacko:

wierd indeed but I think it's just a mistake