Molson Sells Part Of Its Interests To Gillett

House11

Don't know if this is a huge thing but I thought i'd post it anyways

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=173883&hubname=nhl

You've got to admit though ... Even though Gillett is american he sure has done alot to help get the habs back to near the top :) ... he's brought in the right people and has kept his hand out of the cookie jar when it comes to player and team desicions

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=173883&hubname=nhl

You've got to admit though ... Even though Gillett is american he sure has done alot to help get the habs back to near the top :) ... he's brought in the right people and has kept his hand out of the cookie jar when it comes to player and team desicions

at on point, I was a little concerned about gillet being an american because of Loria and the expos.

but I have to say that I think that Gillett seems like a class act and I'm glad he's the owner of the canadiens

I remember that last year some of us folks wanted to send a thank-you card to gillett...can anybody tell if it as been done ??

Likely for Gillett, this is solely a business venture. There's probably a status thing going on too (owning the fable Canadiens) but a business move nevertheless.

I read somewhere that the value of the Canadiens has gone up substantially. That's good for him.

There you go.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

About 19 Million :D

:hlogo:

That's a lot of trips to the bathroom. :wacko:

did anyone read Lapresse on friday???

there was a pretty scary/sad scenario if Gillet couldn't pay back the loans he has taken out for OUR Habs.

I don't remember the article that well and I wasn't able to find it on their site,

but it sayed something about how he asked an american and a bank in japan for the money, something along the lines of 284 million, most of it coming from the bank in japan.

the article went on to say that in 2025 maybe the Habs not be in our fair city cuz they would auction it off to the highest bidder, cuz they don't give a s**t about the religious fanatism attached to this team.

I WOULD SHOOT MYSELF IF THAT WOULD HAPPEN.

if anyone has read/found the article please post it,

I was at work when I came across it and was unable to save it.

did anyone read Lapresse on friday???

there was a pretty scary/sad scenario if Gillet couldn't pay back the loans he has taken out for OUR Habs.

I don't remember the article that well and I wasn't able to find it on their site,

but it sayed something about how he asked an american and a bank in japan for the money, something along the lines of 284 million, most of it coming from the bank in japan.

the article went on to say that in 2025 maybe the Habs not be in our fair city cuz they would auction it off to the highest bidder, cuz they don't give a s**t about the religious fanatism attached to this team.

I WOULD SHOOT MYSELF IF THAT WOULD HAPPEN.

if anyone has read/found the article please post it,

I was at work when I came across it and was unable to save it.

not in my lifetime

NHL WOULD NEVER

NEVER allow the Canadiens to move.

I agree.

This is one of the flagship franchises of the league. It's a prestige name. The history and the 'glory' behind the CH is way too precious to throw away.

Imagine the New York Yankees shipped off to another city. Imagine the Boston Celtics being moved to another market.... Won't happen.

Same here.