Hockey Night In Canada Could Move To Ctv

Pierre the Great

From someone who lives on the East Coast, there's a reason why we call it HNIT. They won't even show a Senators game on Saturday without the Leafs involved. If the Habs/Sens were playing for the division and the Leafs were playing an atom team from Pluto, they'd show the Leafs game because they think everyone east of Quebec is a Leafs fan.

I agree. The only reason that I watch a part of Hockey Night in Canada nowadays is to get a hold of COACH'S CORNER.

It makes for good entertainment. Not as outrageous as it used to be but still worth watching.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

That should eventually change. CBC or whoever should break it down like this

Northern Ontario/Extreme Western Quebec (Gatineau) should have priority to the Sens

Windsor to GTA- Leafs country

Quebec and everything east and North- Habs

Manitoba- funny one because if they had the Jets it would be the Jets but no they don't have the jets they have an empty arena with no jets.

A mix of everybody

Saskatchewan, North West Territories, Alberta: Oilers or Flames

BC and Yukon: duh the canucks

Atlantic Canada would be easier to decide if they had a team in Halifax. But since they don't they probly are either Habs fans or god forbid Bruins fans since Boston is closer to the Atlantic Canada then Toronto is.

That should eventually change. CBC or whoever should break it down like this

Northern Ontario/Extreme Western Quebec (Gatineau) should have priority to the Sens

Windsor to GTA- Leafs country

Quebec and everything east and North- Habs

Manitoba- funny one because if they had the Jets it would be the Jets but no they don't have the jets they have an empty arena with no jets.

A mix of everybody

Saskatchewan, North West Territories, Alberta: Oilers or Flames

BC and Yukon: duh the canucks

Atlantic Canada would be easier to decide if they had a team in Halifax. But since they don't they probly are either Habs fans or god forbid Bruins fans since Boston is closer to the Atlantic Canada then Toronto is.

Traditionally, any non-Leafs connection in Northeastern Ontario has been usually in the Francophone population and that has meant the Canadiens. Televising the Senators game would be a an opportunity to lose money due to non-viewership.

Well then short cat I think then CBC thinks that "hey they speak french so they could watch it on RDS".

So you're telling me Ottawa is just Ottawa. Nobody else is fan outside of Ottawa proper? Hmm, interesting.

Not saying that, PtG... just saying that, in all likelihood, games televised on 'CTV/CBC' focusing on Ottawa will not get the viewership that games focusing on the Canadiens. By the way, because all Canadiens games are now on RDS, anybody who isn't specifically subscribed to RDS in Northeastern Ontario doesn't get any hockey in French at all... NONE. We get a Saturday Night Movie or some other kind of entertainment.

In Northeastern Ontario, RDS is part of an extra sports package that one has to purchase from the local cable company. That's just the way it is for us.

I'd settle for a a somewhat equal split between the three Eastern teams, depending upon the opponent. Montreal-Boston tilts are usually pretty damn good, so I would like to see more of them. Unfortunately, the only team that Ottawa really has any rivalry with is Toronto. Maybe the powers that be could leave it on a week-to-week basis. If Ottawa and Carolina are battling for the top spot in the East and they happen to be playing on a Saturday when Toronto is playing a Western Conference team, make the Leafs game a regional one and make Ottawa the national game.