New Jersey wins the 2003 Stanley Cup

sakiqc

Will New Jersey win their 3rd Cup in 10 years??

Will Anaheim be the first surprise since NYRangers in 1994 ?

I say Anaheim in 6

Giguere with the MVP (no surprise there lol)

Just updating the title

no problemo

[Edited on 2003/6/8 by puck7x]

[Edité le 2003-6-10 par sakiqc]

I'll say NJ in 5... (Even though I want the Ducks to win)

As for the team-picker pool I'll take the Ducks (have no choice)

I need picks (for the pool) from : dahabs , dlbalr , espncomedian , habby , markov , Q60 , Sakiqc , aussie , wsb

Standings

------------

Habby : 28

ESPNComedian : 27

Puck : 25

Sakiqc : 23

WSB/Q60 : 18

Aussie : 17

Dlbalr/Markov : 16

Dahabs : 5 (what the hell? lol)

One last time for Stevens and co, I think that after this year the Devils will have some retooling to do with their vets.

Jersey doesn't have the offense of Dallas or Detroit, but they are more disciplined...

I think this year's Ducks are a better team than last year's Canes and that the Devils aern't as good as last year's Red Wings, so it should be a very exciting finals with loads of overtimes!

Hey, I did say Brodeur would win the Conn Smythe:)

(If NJ wins the cup Madden deservs it and you know who if Anaheim wins...)

Devils in 7

Yeah baby!!!

And Jiggy for MVP!

I'll win for sure now

:-^

[Edited on 2003/5/29 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/5/30 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/5/31 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/6/01 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/6/02 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/5/03 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/6/04 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/6/05 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/6/06 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/6/07 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/6/08 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on 2003/6/09 by TheAussiePosse]

[Edited on... Ah, screw this, I lost anyway]

[Edited on 2003/6/10 by TheAussiePosse]

not another 4 games Stanley Cup Finals ?!! It's sad. I hope Ducks win at least 1 game at home. (well, probably the devils will lose 1 game to win the Cup at home game 5)

It's really sad to see such an ugly game when this is the time of year when we're supposed to see the league's best...

I may have seen 1-2 nice plays in the whole game... sad :monkey:

The Ducks were absolutely awful in their end, failing to clear the puck more often than I can count... and on the other side NJ didn't generate jack shit either, but should have won if it wasn't for 2 of the ugliest goals you can find by the Ducks.

Get the Bulldogs on TV damnit... it can't be as bad as this!

Finally Ducks played a good game, a game they DESERVED to win.

And it was the first time Giguère looked like himself in this series.

It's about time... cuz this was it for Anaheim.

BTW... I don't know if anyone sees the similarity with last year's Vancouver/Detroit series.

Vancouver was rolling, were up 2-0, then Cloutier gave up a goal from center ice in Game 3 and Vancouver didn't win another game.

Now NJ is rolling, up 2-0, Brodeur gives up his weird goal in Game 3.. and I got a feeling they might not win another one.

I know it's not exactly the same, Detroit was the heavy favorite & the Ducks aren't... but what the hell I through it out there :)

Also with Newy injured, and I think Madden isn't 100% either... that's affect NJ big-time, namely in the face-off circle where they are getting creamed right now.

I said Ducks in 6, and I'll admit I thought I was done after I went down 2-0... but they got me believing again :idea:

P.S. You guys see how cool Brodeur was on that bad bounce on the goal line?... talk about nerves of steel, the man is so cool under pressure it's scary. :o

wow.. it's 1 goal game or 9 goals games.. pretty hard to predict!

:monkey: faces elimination now.. but not humiliation. They won 2 games (already better than a lot of team in the past finals)

ANA wins at home Game #6... and who know what can happen on game #7 ??!

This time the Devils won't let the Ducks ###### around in Anaheim.

I say game #6 goes into OT and Elias gets the Stanley Cup winning goal, mark my words.

Just like I said the Devils would win the Cup and Brodeur the Conny Smythe.

Hehe

Would NJ take a gamble (believing in their dominance at home) and let ANA win it in ANA, so NJ can win in front of their home crowd?

Gmae 7 would be televised world wide (Santa Barbera of all places), and would bring lotsa profits.

I think it'll be NJ in 7, with every team winning every home game. 4:3

But Maggie the Monkey Might just pull through.

:monkey: I BELIEVE!!! :monkey:

Message original :  TheAussiePosse

Would NJ take a gamble (believing in their dominance at home) and let ANA win it in ANA, so NJ can win in front of their home crowd?

hehehe.. i don't think so, but in their subconscious, they probably want to win at home. That's Burns' job to change that mind and continue to be hard on his players..

Gmae 7 would be televised world wide (Santa Barbera of all places), and would bring lotsa profits.

I think it'll be NJ in 7, with every team winning every home game.  4:3

But Maggie the Monkey Might just pull through.

:monkey: I BELIEVE!!! :monkey:

never underestimate the power of Maggie the monkey hehe:lol:

[Edité le 2003-6-6 par sakiqc]

NJ did outplay Anaheim, but they were also very lucky.

One goal off a skate, another put in by Anaheim's Dman, then a weird bounce off the backboard right back in front of the net...

Anaheim blew this game when they took a stupid & unnecessary penalty right after taking the lead early.

During the PK the two morons on D went to cover a guy in the corner leaving the slot WIDE open for Elias... if I made that dumb a move in PeeWee I would have been benched, let alone in the Stanley Cup Finals. That completely switched the momentum, and it went downhill from there... for that msitake alone they deserved to lose.

I can't stand the trash-talkin' Maddens & Friesens... no respect whatsoever for players like that... but it looks good for NJ.

I hope it goes to 7 games, and that game stays close to the end... whoever wins there's nothing like a tight 7th game in the Finals.

I really hope the last game (whether it's 6 or 7) isn't a blowout... you hate ending a season on a stinker of a game.

[Edited on 6-6-03 by Habs77]

I really think game 6 will either be a blowout NJ win... Or a OT Ducks win. The Ducks are either out of gas, or they'll come up with their best game to push it to 7. Anything can happen in game 7, Ducks just need that one game and then it comes down to who wants it more.

Originally posted by Habby1197

I really think game 6 will either be a blowout NJ win... Or a OT Ducks win. The Ducks are either out of gas, or they'll come up with their best game to push it to 7. Anything can happen in game 7, Ducks just need that one game and then it comes down to who wants it more.

I have faith in Anaheim , it will be interesting to see how JS rebounds from the big loss (giving up 6 goals) .... Kariya really needs to get his act together though... The Ducks really need him now.

Interesting fact : The home team has won every game in this series.

Thats good news for the Ducks... (But can they win a potential game #7 in NJ?)

Go :monkey: Go!

Kariya just needs to start handling the puck, and skating with it. His passing before the blue line isn't going to help them. He is by far the most skilled player on the team, he's gotta lead the attacj by carrying the puck in the zone, and letting a few shots go. We all know his shot...

Yes I know you're pissed that NJ and ANA are in the finals, but guess what: they deserve to be there! Colorado, Detroit, Ottawa and Dallas, the more ''flashy'' teams all didn't come up with the clutch-goal that you need to have to win the cup.

They aern't very skilled like regular Stanley Cup champs are, but it's not like this happens every year. They battled through, they beat the teams they were supposed to beat, either way you like it they are the two best teams this post-season.

If it annoys you that much to watch, and I know it isn't pretty hockey, then...don't watch.

Ducks win game #6, 5-3!

Kariya really earned my respect tonight , to be able to come back from a monster Stevens hit AND to score a goal after it is amazing...

Game #7 on Monday!

[Edited on 2003/6/8 by puck7x]

WOW !! unbelievable come back by kariya.. ducks win again at home! Ducks with the momentum going in a #7 Finals Game! WOW

Well, it's tough to predict what will happen, cause all is possible! Was funny, tought, to see Brodeur benched on a game where the Stanley Cup is in the building hehe

go ducks!

The first great game of the series... Disney could not have written a better script.

Now give us an entertaining, close Game 7 and you might actually win over a few fans... been a long time since that has happened.

What worries me a little is that the games have always ben better in Anaheim, mostly because the fans are way more into it there.

Hopefully NJ fans can find it in their hearts to be at least a little excited at the prospect of a Game 7 in the Finals.

Go Ducks.

Giguère MVP no matter what happens, win or lose.

.. would be (if we look at statistics) if the game #7 goes in Overtime.

New Jersey are invincible at the Continental Airlines while the Ducks are invincible in Overtime.

If the Game#7 goes in OT, then the 2 factors would be neutralized and each team would have a chance to win hehe

WOW!! Imagine a Game #7 in OVERTIME!! WOOO.. that would be so fantastic, so much stress, so intense!

[Edité le 2003-6-9 par sakiqc]

0-0 after 1 period

Pretty good game so far

What a save by Giguere againts Elias on a SH breakaway!

NJ is playing really good. Anaheim needs an outstanding Giguere, and pretty lucky goals.