Heritage Classic, the turnaround...

Habby1197

Since the Heritage Classic the Habs are a different team, totally changed. With a record of 12-5-4-1 since that game it seems like a season turning point.

Also the record could even be that much better.

Here are the 5 loses...

5-2 Loss to the Nucks... We got killed, plain and simple.

3-2 Loss to Philly, I'm sure you all remember this game. We dominated and lost with two Philly late goals in the final minutes.

4-2 Loss to Florida, another fun one... Habs had a 2-0 lead and then went to sleep... another game that we could have easily won.

4-2 Loss to Toronto... Habs lead 2-1 and could have hung on for at least a tie, but Sundin's fluke goal gave the Leafs the win.

3-2 Loss to the Caps... Caps scored the winner in the last few minutes to beat the Habs.

In those 5 losses we could have come out of those games at LEAST 2-1-2..... Making our record in 22 games 14-1-6-1. We only deserved to lose ONE of our last 22 games... Here's hoping to playing game number one of next season outdoors... you never know how good we could be.

[Edited on 2004/1/7 by Habby1197]

<i>We only deserved to lose ONE of our last 22 games</i>

Well i think that we deserved to lose all those games except the Toronto one because that was a total fluke.

On the flip side of all this, take a look at what Edmonton has done since that outdoor game, it isn't pretty.

Originally posted by Quebecois

<i>We only deserved to lose ONE of our last 22 games</i>

Well i think that we deserved to lose all those games except the Toronto one because that was a total fluke.

On the flip side of all this, take a look at what Edmonton has done since that outdoor game, it isn't pretty.

I agree and disagree with you. Lets take the Philly game for instance , we dominated them the entire game (minus the last few minutes) , the habs "deserved" a better fate , but because we couldnt finish the job , I suppose we deserved to win. I dunno if that makes sense though :)

I also agree and Disagree.

The habs SHOULD have won the Philly, the Leaf, the florida and the Capital game, or at least got a point.

But (as puck and Quebecois were saying) if your not playing good enough to close out a game you dont deserve to win.

There were a couple of little individual mistakes that caused those outcomes, and lately they have been goin our way. So at least the boy have learned from their mistakes.

PS: The habs are Smokin'!!! :devil:

:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/1/8 by Bonavistaman11]

Originally posted by Habby1197

In those 5 losses we could have come out of those games at LEAST 2-1-2..... Making our record in 22 games 14-1-6-1. We only deserved to lose ONE of our last 22 games... Here's hoping to playing game number one of next season outdoors... you never know how good we could be.[Edited on 2004/1/7 by Habby1197]

Word - but if we turn it around - how many of these 12 wins we have since the outdoor game didn't we deserve to win? Most of them, but not all. Theo has bailed us out more than once since then...:)

Originally posted by DJ_Laszlo

Word - but if we turn it around - how many of these 12 wins we have since the outdoor game didn't we deserve to win? Most of them, but not all. Theo has bailed us out more than once since then...:)

I have to disagree with this. Very rarely this year has Theodore had to save our ass in a GAME , he's saved our ass at times in games (games we probably still would of won anyways) but hardly has he ever won the game on his own. Its usually a team effort that wins it.

Evidence of this is in the shots-for/shots-against , habs have been much improved in this department since last season. And in the games (during the streak) in which we were outshot , we usually won the game by a large margin (Theodore didnt win it for us)

Maybe your so used to Theodore saving our ass in previous years that you credit him with it now in most games? hehehee ... :D

Theodore has been awesome , but so has the whole team (especially lately)

For this i will agree with Puck. Theodore has been as good as he was in 2001-2002, but we haven't needed him to be in perfect form to win on any given night. We are a much more complete team in front of Theo than we were in 01-02, i think that's a given.

• 5 weeks later...