Plekanec sent down...

puck7x

This comes as a surprise to me...

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...on&sport=#94453

Why send the guy down and leave the team with zero healthy scratches? Dackell is injured , he's the only spare we have ... (Begin/Markov injured for a longer period)

Maybe its a sign that another move is coming? Maybe Balej will be called up? Maybe a trade? , nah... :)

In other news... Panthers signed Audette for 1 year @ $150,000 ... Good for Donald , glad he got another shot... I wish the best for him (Even though I think he is finished).

[Edited on 2004-1-15 by puck7x]

If think the decision is fine. If they're not going to play him, he's better off in Hamilton. But I agree puck, it's a little strange looking at our roster situation, so maybe there are moves coming up?

As for Donald, he can do worse than the other Panthers :)

Originally posted by jeppa

If think the decision is fine. If they're not going to play him, he's better off in Hamilton. But I agree puck, it's a little strange looking at our roster situation, so maybe there are moves coming up?

As for Donald, he can do worse than the other Panthers :)

Ohh yeah , I'm fine with Plekanec being sent down and getting icetime... Its just the timing that is weird , the dogs have like 1 game in 2 weeks or something , and the habs have no healthy scratches

Originally posted by puck7x

Why send the guy down and leave the team with zero healthy scratches? Dackell is injured , he's the only spare we have ... (Begin/Markov injured for a longer period)

Don't forget Gratton, I know he has a concussion, but he was only supposed to miss 7-10 days originally, and it's been a few weeks now. I think he may be ready to return, and assume the 4th line C spot he has before going down. This would likely then send Perreault to the press box for the time being, barring a trade or injury.

(I don't expect Perreault to be dealt anytime soon, as Gainey said there wouldn't be "addition by subtraction", at least for the time being.)