Lineup Predictions?

The-Habby2919

I,m not sure we should be holding our breaths for a trade..Bob picked up Traverse as a 7th because he's waiting for Cote to get healthy, at which point he'll be sent to the AHL, and if someone picks him up on waivers, not big loss there. Also, Perezoigen may well start in the pressbox, but I think if Ribs doesn't perform well early, he'll soon be the odd man out, with Plekanec taking his place on the 2nd line, Bonk centering the 3rd and begin the 4th. I think Bonk will have a much better year this year. That would give us...

Ryder Koivu Higgens

Samsonov Plekanic Kovalev

Johnson Bonk Perezoigen/Latendresse

Murray Begin Latendresse/Perezoigen

Markov Komisarik

Souray Rivet

Dandenault Streit

Traverse

Huet Abeshier

Strong, deep forward lines, great goaltending..but scary weak defense after Markov/Komi, which may eventually force some sort of trade.

Strong, deep forward lines, great goaltending..but scary weak defense after Markov/Komi, which may eventually force some sort of trade.

well if you are in the business of predicting ribeiro's ouster, I imagine that might help solve the D issue.

I haven't actually seen the preseason games, but everything I have heard about streit has sounded encouraging.

Edited by simonus

I,m not sure we should be holding our breaths for a trade..Bob picked up Traverse as a 7th because he's waiting for Cote to get healthy, at which point he'll be sent to the AHL, and if someone picks him up on waivers, not big loss there. Also, Perezoigen may well start in the pressbox, but I think if Ribs doesn't perform well early, he'll soon be the odd man out, with Plekanec taking his place on the 2nd line, Bonk centering the 3rd and begin the 4th. I think Bonk will have a much better year this year. That would give us...

Ryder Koivu Higgens

Samsonov Plekanic Kovalev

Johnson Bonk Perezoigen/Latendresse

Murray Begin Latendresse/Perezoigen

Markov Komisarik

Souray Rivet

Dandenault Streit

Traverse

Huet Abeshier

.....''scary weak defense after Markov-Komi ''!!

Off the mark to start with....and this temporary situation that has Streit being our 6 th D is....temporary.

Bouillon will be missed but barring further injurys Streit, from it's performances so far, might compensate more than adequatly by furthering our team's offensive prowess. Streit did also very well defensively speaking.....anyway the new extented commercial breaks will give Carbo the option to have his top D log

more minutes during even-strenght if he prefers it that way.....a nice advantage in our situation and one

more to consider before indulging in panic mode.

The latest addition of Latendresse in our 06-07 roster is good news......he instantly adds positive elements

to the Bonk's line and will promote extra urgency and focus to the other players up the lines for showing-up

on a constant basis.

I would like to think that a good week in Mt-Tremblant with Carbo should be all it's needed to get this good bunch of players to start the season on the 6th playing like a team can.

the new extented commercial breaks will give Carbo the option to have his top D log

more minutes during even-strenght if he prefers it that way

i generally agree with your argument, but I dont think the breaks change carbo's options that much. I'd imagine the cumulative wear of a full season at higher minutes would negative whatever temporary restorative effects a 2 minute break would have for a given player.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... a little bird told me that Ribeiro won't be centering any Canadiens line... ;)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

I'm looking forward to Plekanec taking the #2 spot.

agreed... he'll bring qualities that Ribeiro couldn't

speed :) , defensive awareness :) , good shooting :) , youthful enthusiasm :):) ...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

You guys really think Plekanec will center the second line?

After this I think we will see a whole new set of combinations.

Latendresse making the team and Ribeiro gone.

How about this:

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Higgins - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Johnson

Murray - Bonk - Begin

Markov - Souray

Niinimaa - Rivet

Boullion - Komisarek

1:1. Latendresse HAVE to be on one of the top two lines. He brings size and Koivu is now the smallest center in Habsland. I also like the idea of letting the rookie play along with the veteran and captain. Michael Ryder will be the third link that may produce even more points with someone in front of the net as he is the one that shot the puck most. A quick look at the stats says that Ryder had 243 shots on net last season.

1:2. Another idea I like is having Samsonov and Kovalev at the same line. Russian magic or something. Kovalev the most skilled player along with the most talented goalscorer. Could work. Higgins is a center and proved last year that he has what it takes. Maybe he's mature enogh to center a line of his own as he takes defence responsibility.

1:3. Plekanec on the fourth line? No. Mike Johnson on the fourth? No. Add anyone of choice and you have a great third line no mather who you choose.

1:4. Bonk having a contract year. Begin always the energizer. Add some speed and a fourth line is what you have that's better than most teams.

2:1 Markov being number one. No question about it. Souray has a deadly shot and with Ryder and Latendresse in front this will produce some goals. Koivu is now the most defensive center on the team and that might help a defensive pair like Souray and Markov.

2:2 Janne Niinimaa and Craig Rivet. Call it a feeling but my guess is that the will work fine together. If Niinimaa get his thing going in Montreal he WILL set a personal best year.

2:3 Size and no size. But still physical. Komisarek doesn't need a techer anymore. Boullion is fast and mobile.

3:1. Cristoball Huet. Not a Jim Carrey or a Roman Chechmanek. The real deal. Will be even better this season.

3:2 David Aebischer. The backup that will once again win a Stanley Cup as a backup to a great Montreal Canadiens goaltender!

You guys really think Plekanec will center the second line?

After this I think we will see a whole new set of combinations.

Latendresse making the team and Ribeiro gone.

How about this:

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Higgins - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Johnson

Murray - Bonk - Begin

Markov - Souray

Niinimaa - Rivet

Boullion - Komisarek

not yet. Maybe Latendresse pushes his way up the lines over the course of the year, but lats does not get a pass up to the first line to start the season. Look at Plek, Higgins, and Ryder. They start off on the lower lines and prove themselves and force their way to the scoring lines.

Look too at Perezhogin - he has not forced anybody to move him up, and he stays on the third.

i generally agree with your argument, but I dont think the breaks change carbo's options that much. I'd imagine the cumulative wear of a full season at higher minutes would negative whatever temporary restorative effects a 2 minute break would have for a given player.

I agree with you that it would have been an un-wise plan to be used for a hole season but I meant it as

a temporary and practical solution until the Cube was back in the line-up. This wouldn't have been a perfect

solution thought, even less so if another of our better D would have been injured in the mean time,......but Bob came up with a very positive trade for the club as a hole.......I just saw the game tonight and Plekanec, Samsonov and Kovalev where an incredible line to watch.

Time for an update I guess cuz I spoke too soon in saying that the roster was set.

Ryder-Koivu-Higgins

Samsonov-Plekanec-Kovalev

Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson

Perezhogin-Begin-Murray/Kostitsyn

Markov-Souray

Rivet-Komisarek

Dandenault-Niinimaa/Streit

Huet/Aebischer.

Take it or leave it.

:hlogo: