The *real* Reason About The 3 Minutes *pause* During Habs / Sabres Game

bebehabs

ok... back to buffalo's game on last friday

i just heard it from ron fournier on the radio so i decided to share it here!

what people said :

1- the referees stopped the game coz bonk deserved a penalty for holding

or

2- the referees stopped the game to call a penalty on brière... then brière explained that he didnt put his stick *at bonk's ...* it was not intentional... blablabla... then afetr 3-4 min. of explanation... the referees decided to not giving the penalty

or

2- the crowd was throwing stuff on the ice (which is dangerous for the players), so the referees stopped the game and went to tell the local team that if the crowd keep on throwing stuff on the ice, they will have a 2 minutes of penalty for that

this is what we supposed... heard...

---

ron fournier said that teh REAL reason for that 3-4 minutes pause was simply bcoz :

they game was on... then bonk was *hodling* a lil bit... brière came over and his stick was touching bonk's *spot* and they stopped the game... WHY?? the reason is that the green light (on the net i SUPPOSE) was ON and the scoreboard (u know the big panel at the ceiling in the center of the ice?? :P) was not working anymore... so that's why they had to stop the game... and they had to decided how manye seconds to add back, and it's all electronic stuff so they had to wait for it to be fix.... and WHILE waiting for those stuff, brière went to see the referee and mentionned that bonk MAYBE deserved a holding penalty... and the referee answered that no, it doesnt... and brière insist a lil bit... and since the camera was on brière and the referee... we all thought that brière wanted to influence a penalty call on him...

so... up to u to believe this version or not...

;)

--

EDIT : OH MY GOD!!! i wrote *CKAC 730 FM* instead of *AM*

hahahaha it's time for me to go to zzz :P

Edited by bebehabs

Thanks for relaying the infos.

You would think that by being right there the RDS's in house host duo Houde-Pednault would have had time in making sens about the long delay and would have been able at some point to guide the TV viewers throught it.......no such thing...

those two are the most incompetent and ineffective buffoons in hockey I can think of........what a shame to

have a great hockey club with great traditions and be stuck with RDS's insipid coverage all year long.

whatever the reason was, it's over now. for myself, I believed that the referees snafued the call but, on the other hand, I never heard any habs players/coach complaining about it so it's probably not that serious.

excuses excuses- the fun about bad decisions is it gives you something to debate over a beer after the game.

or for many years if your montreal media

or for many years if your montreal media

i hate terams that make excuses for losing a game- you lost- play better then. even if the referee made a bad decision against you- he aint gona reverse it after the game so whats the point in comlaining about it?

No matter what happened, it allowed Briere time to rest his legs, so the very next play he could blow by Souray and Rivet to score that 3rd goal. Well I guess he actually wouldn't have needed the rest to do that. Dagenais could probably have blown by them

No matter what happened, it allowed Briere time to rest his legs, so the very next play he could blow by Souray and Rivet to score that 3rd goal. Well I guess he actually wouldn't have needed the rest to do that. Dagenais could probably have blown by them

a tortoise could breeze past them two with ease.

Regardless.... FIRST ever time I've seen Refs turn back a call...Rivet was there didnt say a thing...so either the refs had two versions which would have made a difference meaning that either bothy players go or none go... needless to say we got the worst part of the ordeal.... which in my book shows a little greeness in Carbo... if this had happened and Scotty Bowman was on the bench the refs would not have heard the end of it.. scotty would have held the refs accountable to put Briere in the cage and along with Bonk... HELL its Briere! Now perhaps this is the beginning of the season and shit we were up by two... but I hope Carbo and the gang fight for every break in the future... its what can make the difference! NO MERCY TAKE NO PRISONERS!

Regardless.... FIRST ever time I've seen Refs turn back a call...Rivet was there didnt say a thing...so either the refs had two versions which would have made a difference meaning that either bothy players go or none go... needless to say we got the worst part of the ordeal.... which in my book shows a little greeness in Carbo... if this had happened and Scotty Bowman was on the bench the refs would not have heard the end of it.. scotty would have held the refs accountable to put Briere in the cage and along with Bonk... HELL its Briere! Now perhaps this is the beginning of the season and shit we were up by two... but I hope Carbo and the gang fight for every break in the future... its what can make the difference! NO MERCY TAKE NO PRISONERS!

did you forget your pills this morning? chill .

ah come on guys!!!

i didnt want to bring back *bad* memories about the way the first game ended~~~

i just wanted to clarify the situation bcoz the WHOLE quebec was like curious to know what really happened... and since we heard a lots of versions... and that i heard ron fournier saying that on the radio... so i wanted to share that...

last thing : CARBO ROCKS!!! if u have doubt about gainey or carbo decisions... then just STOP supporting the habs~