Why Aebischer Should Be Our #1

rock_billy69

Could also be called 10 reasons why I hate huet but ...

Anyways, since last season end I was the only one telling (between my friends) that Abby would be #1 at the end of this season. I think most of huet's last year performance was luck (not at all but most of it)

I think Abby is always there on the play,

He won't wait for the puck to come, he will go and get it.

He played with great goaltenders like Roy.

People in Montreal didn't give him his chance to prove his talent last season.

He's 2 years younger than huet,

He's way much relaxed in front of the net.

Now , I wanna hear you guys

What do you have to say

I say Abby all the way

Whoever is in our nets, our habs will get that cup :hlogo:

Hmm just to remind you we can't forget what Cristobal Huet did for all us Habs fans and of course the team itself last season, because of him we for sure got to the playoffs. I would say Aebischer is doin an amazin job between the pipes and is keeping the team together. Slotting him in as the #1 Goalie isn't really a priority right now, but I agree that Aebishcher should be getting alot more time in net and im sure we'll be seeing him alot more because of his really good performances.

I say Huet & Abby all the way :hlogo:

Edited by blaze53

i still believe that aebischer good performances will just increase his value so we could get something good in return in the next trade~

we dunt need a #1 goalie at the moment~ carbo is still trying them out... he is still analyzing aebi and huet~ as he said, we will only have a #1 goalie in 2-3 months~ so we'll surely get the answer after xmaz holiday~

clam down and just let the coaching staff make the decision~ :P

I don't think he did an amazing job in last season's playoff.

See we are like this here in montreal, a player as to be good all the time to be loved,

Like Souray, we always say : Ha sourray is not good, he makes mistakes all the time and then he has one good game and he's our god no really.

Huet had couple good games but Abby already has lot of games behind him.

Putting huet on #1 would be like putting latendresse on the 1st trio replacing koivu

just because of his junior reputation.

...............................................................................................NOT

Yes i agree that Aebischer is a first rate goaler, but he is very shaky

he gives huge rebounds which lead him to making amazing saves, he is always out of position, and slides around in his butterfly to much, neather of our goalies have reallyu proven themselves yet, later in the year if Aebishcer really tries with the goaler coach he might be able to stand up when they shoot on him, The goalie coach already worked abit with Huet... did you realize last night in the Shootout against Ottawa that he kept on his feet even though the shot was goin 5-hole, and he made the save

i still believe that aebischer good performances will just increase his value so we could get something good in return in the next trade~

Thats what he should have did with huet cuz, and you can write this down in the book of hockey, huet will not be #1 and when we will trade him, we won't get anything back cuz he won't worth anything at this moment.

Remember, huet was the goalie with the lowest salary last year.

Its a big lost of money right now.

Thats what he should have did with huet cuz, and you can write this down in the book of hockey, huet will not be #1 and when we will trade him, we won't get anything back cuz he won't worth anything at this moment.

Remember, huet was the goalie with the lowest salary last year.

Its a big lost of money right now.

ummmm.. Please think before you post, you wanted us last year to Trade Huet!!!!! after he got us into the playoffs, then we tell him that he will never be a #1 goalie, so we trade him, are #1 goalie is a goalie who we have played 7 games with and has a goals against average of 3.75.. Please think!!!!! :D

Corey Schwab played with Brodeur.................... does that make him any better of a goalie <_<

Edited by Shu

I didn't say that it made him a better goalie, but it counts cuz huet doesn't knows anything.

He played with 1 great goaltender wich is Roy. That's 1 more then Huet, by the way

this is no great argument but still is one.

We should have traded Huet when he worthed something, get a power forward wich is what we need since 1994 and get Abby goaling wich we know he's a good goalie. Not like brodeur or Luongo, but still better than Huet.

I don't think he did an amazing job in last season's playoff.

See we are like this here in montreal, a player as to be good all the time to be loved,

Like Souray, we always say : Ha sourray is not good, he makes mistakes all the time and then he has one good game and he's our god no really.

Huet had couple good games but Abby already has lot of games behind him.

Putting huet on #1 would be like putting latendresse on the 1st trio replacing koivu

just because of his junior reputation.

- but if huet was not there for the 2nd half of the season, we wouldn't even have been in the playoffs

- when u say *we* are like this ins *montreal*... sorry but u r putting together habs fans / hockey fans / dunno-what-it's-going-on-but-it's-cool-to-talk-about-hockey-so-i-do-it fans

u should maybe read more threads in habsworld.net to see what we really say about souray or any other habs player b4 putting everybody together...

- abby has a lot of games behind him... yeah... most of them were with colorado huh?? so if u talk about the number of games behind one of them WITH the habs... then huet is the one who has more games behind him~

- puting huet #1 = latendresse on the 1st line replacing koivu...

sorry but what's the point here??? sti ça s'compare même pas~ ça n'a même pas rapport!!!

- i really dunno if u r the kind of guys who get on rds.ca talkbacks, or tsn.ca talkbacks or OTHER habs forums where 90% are lil kids, or wherever else, but if u just HATE huet and that u r only glorifying aebi instead... then... u have the rights to do that~

and WHY do we need a #1 goalie for now??? carbo doesn't even care about who is #1 or #2 and peoples like u r stressing about who should be #1 goalie...

anyway~

We should have traded Huet when he worthed something, get a power forward wich is what we need since 1994 and get Abby goaling wich we know he's a good goalie. Not like brodeur or Luongo, but still better than Huet.

then call bob gainey and tell him that u r not happy about his work and that u r going to apply to become habs next GM~

:unsure:

not realistic at all:

- who will be our number one goalie next year ?? price: not ready, danis: will be a great number two.

-trading huet for somthing big sounds great but it'll be time to sign aeby long term, he'll be looking for the big bucks since he's UFA at the end of the season and he'll know we're desperate for goalie.

-besides. it's not beause one goalie loses two games in shootout that he's bad. he did lose to buffalo and ottawa. we're not talking islanders or blues here. aebischer did win both his games but that doesn't mean he'll win them all.

- puting huet #1 = latendresse on the 1st line replacing koivu...

sorry but what's the point here??? sti ça s'compare même pas~ ça n'a même pas rapport!!!

- i really dunno if u r the kind of guys who get on rds.ca talkbacks, or tsn.ca talkbacks or OTHER habs forums where 90% are lil kids, or wherever else, but if u just HATE huet and that u r only glorifying aebi instead... then... u have the rights to do that~

and WHY do we need a #1 goalie for now??? carbo doesn't even care about who is #1 or #2 and peoples like u r stressing about who should be #1 goalie...

anyway~

Ok man first, let me teach ya something: The internet is a world wide tool to have a chance to give your opinion. THAT WHAT IM DOING

I never said you were wrong.

Je compare huet a latendresse parce que les 2 on eue des bons moments, latendresse l'anne passée et pendant la pre-saison cette anne mais il merite pas le role de centre sur le role de centre sur le premier trio comme huet a eu des bons moments l'anne passe mais merite pas le numero 1.

By the way, your sarcasm with the callin gainey thing is really.... i'll get it to my self

I didn't say that it made him a better goalie, but it counts cuz huet doesn't knows anything.

He played with 1 great goaltender wich is Roy. That's 1 more then Huet, by the way

this is no great argument but still is one.

ummmm........ NO... we should not trade Huet.......... (enough said).. Please dont post your ideas that dont connect correctly!!! Huet is better then Aebischer (goalie wise) Aebishcer gives off terrible rebounds and is out of posistion consistintly

Je compare huet a latendresse parce que les 2 on eue des bons moments, latendresse l'anne passée et pendant la pre-saison cette anne mais il merite pas le role de centre sur le role de centre sur le premier trio comme huet a eu des bons moments l'anne passe mais merite pas le numero 1.

huet had better moments than aebischer last. he may not have been great in the playoffs but nobody on that team was.

why in montreal do we need a goalie contreversy ?? it's stupid.

given, we don't have a true number one goalie. but we have great depth in nets. many teams would love to have the pair of goalies that we have.

Aebishcer gives off terrible rebounds and is out of posistion consistintly

Ok he gives rebound, but tell me huet is not out of position.

If so, then look up at last games huet played. god...

Huet is always late on plays and always looking for the puck

huet had better moments than aebischer last. he may not have been great in the playoffs but nobody on that team was.

why in montreal do we need a goalie contreversy ?? it's stupid.

given, we don't have a true number one goalie. but we have great depth in nets. many teams would love to have the pair of goalies that we have.

You're right buddy!

But I just want to have other peoples opinion but some dudes take it too seriously :D

Ok he gives rebound, but tell me huet is not out of position.

If so, then look up at last games huet played. god...

Huet is always late on plays and always looking for the puck

You're right buddy!

But I just want to have other peoples opinion but some dudes take it too seriously :D

Once again your baseing Huet off of one game............

Once again your baseing Huet off of one game............

No, All games he played with mtl starting last year when he played half of the game

He's alwayls late on the play and look at most of the goals he letted in : he's looking for the puck.

he don't know where it is

No, All games he played with mtl starting last year when he played half of the game

He's alwayls late on the play and look at most of the goals he letted in : he's looking for the puck.

You obviously, didnt watch any montreal games last year, and you dont know anything about goaltending, there are reasons why the goalie camp i went to this summer showed us videos of Huet, Because he is always in position ans is very sound!!!!! He had a .929 save percentage!!!!!! he is a first rate goaltender, he is very good!! he just had a bad game, thats all. Please listen... Huet is a good goalie..

There are 78 games left. It's too early for this.

Huet couldn't be blamed for last night. Huet was .926 last night which ain't shabby. He made some good saves. He looked nervous on the shootout IMO.

Aebischer is sitting at .955 SP so far. I'm very happy about this and we all should be :D

But, last night was a home opener. There may have been home jitters. Aebischer didn't get the response from the audience like Huet did. Huet might have been nervous which is cool. The opener is out of the way. We got the point.

When all is said and done there is no contraversy nor should there be one IMO.

we can say that about almost everybody on that team.

you gotta admit that the only reason montreal made the playoffs is because played awesome whether you admit it or not.

that you don't like huet it's you're opinion but I think you need to look at the whole picture. had he play 5-10 more gmaes last year, he was the league's mvp.

he's no patrick roy but he's far better than thédéhors

Edited by marky_and_komi

Could also be called 10 reasons why I hate huet but ...

Anyways, since last season end I was the only one telling (between my friends) that Abby would be #1 at the end of this season. I think most of huet's last year performance was luck (not at all but most of it)

I think Abby is always there on the play,

He won't wait for the puck to come, he will go and get it.

He played with great goaltenders like Roy.

People in Montreal didn't give him his chance to prove his talent last season.

He's 2 years younger than huet,

Now , I wanna hear you guys

What do you have to say

I say Abby all the way

Whoever is in our nets, our habs will get that cup :hlogo:

There is a reason Huet got the 2 yr contract for big money and why Aebischer got the 1 year deal for $1.9 Million and its not because Aebischer is the better goalie. Right now he might be playing a little bit better, but Huet is the better goalie. The guy has played very well against Ottawa and Buffalo, two of the best teams in the Eastern Confrence if not the NHL, and lost in shootouts against them.

To say he played like an MVP for 30+ games last year is silly. Huet will be the #1 goalie by Christmas when Aebischer goes into his typical yearly funk. Montreal is lucky to have two very good goaltenders right now, and have them both playing well. Its a shame there is even a goalie controversy right now

Edited by kaos