Downey Down For The Season?

Oleg Petrov

Another thread about Downey...

A lot of people don't like this dude because he doesn't win fights like Darren Langdon. On that count, a little bit of his work:

But word is he's a good guy chemistrywise for the rest of the team, popular, super nice guy liked by the other players, good for morale, and nice to the fans (on that: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/talkbacks/215226/212390.html). And I'll take a small goon who can hold his own against the big guys over a Raitis Ivanans who can't take more than a punch a season. Plus, Downey checks his brains out when he's thrown out there, especially against Philly a week ago - being the Begin factor while 22 moves to centre on the 4th. Not everybody can be this kind of plugger, and I think Downey was getting the job done in a way that nobody had for a while in the post-Langdon era.

So I guess I wanted to share my concern about his health right now, especially remembering the sad ending to Gino Odjick's career 4 years ago. Concussions suck, and Downey looked like he took a heckuva last night - did you ever expect this guy to be unable to get to his feet? Hoping it's not bad.

Get well soon, Aaron.

No, i dont think he is out for the season, A player in his career is aloud to take 8 concussions before being forced to retire. They force them to retire because a cuncussion is like a bruise........Except on your brain <_< . After 8 concuissons doctors have ruled that your brain can go into brain damage in the 9th 10th 11th concussion :(

No, i dont think he is out for the season, A player in his career is aloud to take 8 concussions before being forced to retire. They force them to retire because a cuncussion is like a bruise........Except on your brain <_< . After 8 concuissons doctors have ruled that your brain can go into brain damage in the 9th 10th 11th concussion :(

after spuds got mashed I thought it was more serious then a concussion. I was glad he wasn't taken out on a stretcher.

hope he'll be alright

so how come Eric "where am I again?" Lindros is still playing? Oh maybe in his case they quit counting after it didn't matter anymore. (about 4 years ago) lol :D

Edited by habs rule

so how come Eric "where am I again?" Lindros is still playing? Oh maybe in his case they quit counting after it didn't matter anymore. (about 4 years ago) lol :D

I think the leafs made a mistake by not bringing Lindros back. (Glad they didn't btw) Even though he's a risk (injury wise) he's a game breaker for sure. And he's being paid peanuts by todays NHL standards.

I think the leafs made a mistake by not bringing Lindros back. (Glad they didn't btw) Even though he's a risk (injury wise) he's a game breaker for sure. And he's being paid peanuts by todays NHL standards.

I agree I think Lindros still brings something to the arena every night. Last year before he got hurt he was looking dominant at times. While he probably can't dominate for a season, he can definitley take over games everyonce in awhile. Haven't heard too much about him in Dallas so far this year though