Vishnevski

habsfan88

I am currently watching the Thrashers vs the Leafs, and one defenceman I have noticed a substantial amount is Vitaly Vishnevski, the very same D-man that was talked about on these boards before he was traded to Atlanta. The man has been a hitting machine this game, and I've been watchin him, and he has had great defensive zone play. I don't get to see him play alot, but based on this game against the Leafs, and our D stuggles, this guy could've been the guy to get instead of Niinimaa.

I know what's happened is happened, coulda, shoulda, woulda...just something to think about. I think I would take Vishnevski over Niinimaa, although I am not a Niinimaa hater.

Do you guys agree?

(Not to cause any arguments, don't wanna seem like I'm whining about our team, just a little conversation.)

He is not bad 26 years old pretty good skater put up 9 points last year.

He is only 1.5 million per season and is a UFA next year just as Niinimaa.

Maybe the habs will sign him this summer.

How long is Niinimaa's contract with the Canadiens?

Go :hlogo: Go!

we should definetly get this guy, unless Janne turns into an amazing 40 goal scorer and lead us to the cup..............

Vishnevsky is a late bloomer... he was an absolute beast as a junior (drafted #5 overall in '98), but took a LOT of time adjusting to the pro game (and perhaps the larger rink). He's been playing at a pretty high level since last year... he's good enough to play 20 minutes a game on most teams in the NHL.

On the other hand, what did Montreal have to match the fact that the Atlanta Thrashers traded Karl Stewart, a 2nd round selection in 2007 and a conditional draft selection to the Anaheim Ducks for Vishnevski?

I expect that Ribeiro is probably 'worth' more than Stewart but the other two things included... hmmmmmmmmm...

Also, would Anaheim have wanted Ribeiro? Probably not...

On the other hand, what did Montreal have to match the fact that the Atlanta Thrashers traded Karl Stewart, a 2nd round selection in 2007 and a conditional draft selection to the Anaheim Ducks for Vishnevski?

I expect that Ribeiro is probably 'worth' more than Stewart but the other two things included... hmmmmmmmmm...

Also, would Anaheim have wanted Ribeiro? Probably not...

There is a 0% chance of Anaheim wanting Ribeiro.

wasn't Vishnevski signed by the Thrashers as a free agent?

No. Atlanta aquired him.....

No. Atlanta aquired him.....

uhhh........ the Thrashers... Atlanta... isn't that the same team? or am I missing something here?

uhhh........ the Thrashers... Atlanta... isn't that the same team? or am I missing something here?

Yea, you're missing something... ;) I meant that they AQUIRED him, not signed him. I wasn't saying the Thrashers weren't the team that got him. So I just said Atlanta aquired him. That's all.;)