Help me shut someone up... shoot down rumour

Habby1197

This guy tells me... Flames offered Iginla for Hainsey last year, and the Habs said no... and then get this... Countered with Ribeiro for Iginla and then the Flames said no.

If this isn't the dumbest thing I have even heard, I dont know what is... I'm going to send him the thread, and let him see what you all had to say.

They wanted Hainsey cuz he was an anglo... refused Ribs because he was french. :lol:

Not but seriously, how the hell do we say no to Iggy for Hainsey?

I mean c'mon, we went after the aging and almost as expensive Nolan offering more than that... get real.

Does someone remember exactly what we had offered for Nolan before he went to the Leafs?

Calgary will get a hell of a lot more than that for Iggy the day they decide to trade him.

Originally posted by Habs77

They wanted Hainsey cuz he was an anglo... refused Ribs because he was french.   :lol:

Not but seriously, how the hell do we say no to Iggy for  Hainsey?

I mean c'mon, we went after the aging and almost as expensive Nolan offering more than that... get real.

Does someone remember exactly what we had offered for Nolan before he went to the Leafs?

Calgary will get a hell of a lot more than that for Iggy the day they decide to trade him.

I don't know what was honestly offered, but from the printed rumours, SJ had interest in Zednik, Hainsey, and Bulis.

Its a load of bull...

Habs (and any team) would be all over trading Hainsey for Iginla!

Maybe your friend thinks that money was an issue and the habs did not want to take on Iggy's contract? I doubt it , since iginla is only making $5 million a year , which isnt that bad.

Originally posted by puck7x

Its a load of bull...

Habs (and any team) would be all over trading Hainsey for Iginla!  

Maybe your friend thinks that money was an issue and the habs did not want to take on Iggy's contract? I doubt it , since iginla is only making $5 million a year , which isnt that bad.

He's making 7.5M a year... still think they'll hang on to him until they know what the new CBA brings.

Any added revenue sharing could allow them to keep him.

And thanks for the info on the Nolan offer guys, if we offered Bulis-Hainsey and a 1st or anything in that range... that gives you an idea what we'd have to offer for Iggy who is worth a lot more.