Game Thread | Montreal vs. Florida | 11/16/06

Spider-Man NL

A weakness?! Just one? LOL

yes, I think other teams have discovered that we can't break out of our own end... It's time for us to go back to school.

Anyway, even though this was a stinker, we went 2-2 on a road trip, and we can build on this.

GO HABS GO!!!

I was watching the game with my friend and I did mention that but forgot to post.

The glass is half empty - we went .5 on the road.

The glass is half full - It was on the road.

Still smartin' and lickin' some wounds today though :(

looking at tape isn't going to fix the slow defensemen we have. It's not going to fix the fact that players don't win 1 on 1 battles or show up every night. Trades will.

Trade W5?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something i like about Carbo is that he always make sure the team plays well after a defeat.

We've never lose two in a row...

Can't win all 82 games, and I'd rather lose to Florida than to Atlanta on Saturday when they retire the #18

Will be a nice game to watch :clap:

Carbonneau, Muller, Jarvis and maybe even the mighty GM might be meeting to look at tape and figure this out. It's obvious to me that our opponents are watching Montreal tape and are finding a weakness.

We must adjust

Now I'm starting to wonder if we wouldn't have been better off with an ex D to coach our defensemen. I thought Muller was hired to take charge of the D's but lately I've heard he's rather working with special units so I'm a little confused as to who is coaching the D-men, but there's something lacking between the D's and forwards. Not enough cohesion there. Can't always put all the blame on the D's. Not really their fault if they're outmanned and can't find anyone to pass to because the forwards dont help enough.

I totally agree about a defensive coach. They have played the same system for years, or maybe it's the players inability i don't know. Obviously the forwards have reponsibility in there own end. Once the puck goes in i can tell you exactly what happens every time.

1. Dman gets the puck, sends up the the boards to a forward. The D on the other team pinches and causes a turnover. Then the Habs reverse it.

2. Ice the puck

3. Throw the puck over the glass.

4. The D loses the battle, centers it to wide open player in the slot.

5. Habs take a penalty.

If i know it's coming so does everyone else in the league. So the Habs inability to clear the zone with speed, directly causes less offensive chances. Only the great goaltending steals the team points.

The 2 best games they played this year was Philly and Carolina, both games they got out of there own end without turnovers.

Once the puck goes in i can tell you exactly what happens every time.

1. Dman gets the puck, sends up the the boards to a forward. The D on the other team pinches and causes a turnover. Then the Habs reverse it.

2. Ice the puck

3. Throw the puck over the glass.

4. The D loses the battle, centers it to wide open player in the slot.

5. Habs take a penalty.

Pretty standard of most teams having defensive problems. The Habs don't have strong players along the boards, in general, in the group of forwards that they have. Obviously, these problems are made more apparent in a loss than in a win. I didn't catch any of the game past about the midway point of the 2nd period, but it was over by then anyway. Montreal just wasn't skating. Typical road game of a team playing back to back games....they came out fairly strong in the first, and seemed flat thereafter.

I'd like to see Dandenault and Niinimaa reunited in Saturday's game. I've no ill will towards Streit, but they played well together.

One thing that's interesting, for some reason it just popped into my head...(and don't take this as me thinking Samsonov isn't working out)...after Gainey signed Audette to that ludricous contract in Dallas, it was 20 games into the season when he made a deal and sent him packing to Montreal. The 20 game/December time frame seems to fit right into what Gainey laid out for the team this year. I still would not be surprised to see a move made prior to the Christmas break. Unlike most people, though, I don't see the Habs being able to make a move for a strong #2 C or top 4 dman.

Pretty standard of most teams having defensive problems. The Habs don't have strong players along the boards, in general, in the group of forwards that they have. Obviously, these problems are made more apparent in a loss than in a win. I didn't catch any of the game past about the midway point of the 2nd period, but it was over by then anyway. Montreal just wasn't skating. Typical road game of a team playing back to back games....they came out fairly strong in the first, and seemed flat thereafter.

I'd like to see Dandenault and Niinimaa reunited in Saturday's game. I've no ill will towards Streit, but they played well together.

One thing that's interesting, for some reason it just popped into my head...(and don't take this as me thinking Samsonov isn't working out)...after Gainey signed Audette to that ludricous contract in Dallas, it was 20 games into the season when he made a deal and sent him packing to Montreal. The 20 game/December time frame seems to fit right into what Gainey laid out for the team this year. I still would not be surprised to see a move made prior to the Christmas break. Unlike most people, though, I don't see the Habs being able to make a move for a strong #2 C or top 4 dman.

Not yet. I figure Gainey wants the most he can get in points by this squad by the deadline, then we'll see.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN