Andreï Markov

sakiqc

That's rough. I'd rather see him take whatever time he needs, be that two or three weeks. Because he'll be really depressed, which will make the team really depressed, and that's not our game.

Lot of personal leave given out for the Habs this year.

Originally posted by Habby1197

This is really sad...  

But it also really effects the Habs.

Montreal now has a really weak LD.

Rivet (He's playing LD)

Boulllion  

Dykhuis

Thats not going to cut it VS the Leafs, Rags and Sens...  

I think we'll get a LD ASAP via trade.

He'll apparently miss 3 games... and we know Gainey doesn't have the quickest trigger finger in the league, by the time he'd make a move Markov will be back already.

I'm sure he'll wait to see how Dykhuis responds before making a decision.

Plus I doubt Dykhuis will get many minutes, and Rivet/Bouillon are used to being used heavily... so I'm not that worried for the D.

Where I am concerned is the PP, losing both Souray & Markov leaves a big hole in that reguard... which would have tempted me to recall Haisney instead of Dykhuis if only for the PP.

Looks like we're gonna have to score 5-on-5 in the next 3 games if we want any success... plus some great goaltending.

I'd stick with Garon at this point.

[Edited on 20-2-04 by Habs77]

Really sad.

But I have a few questions...

1. Why Andrei with a ï ? Never seen that one before. And I'm pretty sure that's a letter that's not common in the cyrilic alphabet... So?

2. Someone said something about Gainey don't have the quickest finger on the trigger. In fact, I think that's a good thing. I'd pick Gainey over Sather or Burke any given sunday

But I do think he has some plans. Maybe it is to wait until he knows what will happen next season.

We allready have Czerkawski, McKay and Audette on the payroll. And if there will be a lockout next season will the Canadiens have to pay anyways? Does anybody knows? Or is the buy-out period over by next season?

I beleave that if he will add a player for the playoffs it will be a play-off rent or a player that is verry, verry well needed.

And the "Montreal-divided" situation may cause some headache. Whom to trade and whom to keep. I don't think that it would be verry popular to trade Koivu, but we canät have a capitain who fights our younger stars at practice.

And it also seems that it was not a coincidece after the Dagenais vs. Rivet thing...

So... Im fine with Gainey doing nothing untill we knows what's going to happen next season. If he keeps his head cool maybe he will be able to make a big boost via UFA or trade ín the offseason. And we really don't have a team that will win the cup. Better to think long-term.

Well, all I know is that Gainey won't be making too many Houle moves. Which is exactly what we need.

As far as the buyouts go, I don't beleive we have to pay Czerkawski or McKay after this season, because they were only signed for 2 years.

Audette is a different story. I beleive we eat 3/4's of

"Audebt"'s 3 million dollar salary for the next season.

But what's going to happen if there will be no next season.

The european clubs are allready negotiating about salary dumps with their current players so they can afford to bring home the sons.

MoDo in Sweden would have a team with:

Peter Forsberg

Markus Näslund

Niclas Sundström

Henrik Sedin

Daniel Sedin

Hans Jonsson

Per Svartvadet

Andreas Salomonsson

Anders Eriksson

Pierre Hedin

Samuel Påhlsson