Ben Maxwell in the first cuts ...

Theberge43

Other cuts from the final roster include goaltender Trevor Cann of the Peterborough Petes, Guelph defenceman Drew Doughty, blueliner Keaton Ellerby of the Kamloops Blazers, Saginaw defenceman Patrick McNeill, Brandon Wheat Kings forward Codey Burki, centre Ben Maxwell of the Kootenay Ice, Acadie-Bathurst's Mathieu Perreault, Prince George winger Devin Setoguchi and Chris Stewart of the Kingston Frontenacs.

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID=188385&hubname=

Sad to hear, but they always say that the U-20 WJC is more filled with guys who are 19.

I'm sure he'll get another crack at the line-up next season. I'm glad he had the opportunity to go this year because of the experience he would have gained from just being there.

Now, here's hoping Price can win the starting job!

it's sad for maxwell but I don'y believe he was in their plans in the first place.

who else is playing in the WJC?? the only one I can see is mikus but I'm really not sure about that.

Edited by marky_and_komi

it's sad for maxwell but I don'y believe he was in their plans in the first place.

who else is playing in the WJC?? the only one I can see is mikus but I'm really not sure about that.

#### Jr. Belarus is in the A Pool this year thanks to his heroics last year.

Sad to hear, but they always say that the U-20 WJC is more filled with guys who are 19.

I'm sure he'll get another crack at the line-up next season. I'm glad he had the opportunity to go this year because of the experience he would have gained from just being there.

Now, here's hoping Price can win the starting job!

Here's a quote from a hockey's future's preview article on the Canadian WJC team:

In a similar vein are Vancouver winger Kendall McArdle (FLA) and Kootenay forward Ben Maxwell, who also bring great offensive awareness to the table, as well as a willingness to mix it up physically. McArdle has at times struggled this season, particularly since getting traded to Vancouver (which has plenty to do with getting acclimated to a new set of systems), and may run into occasional discipline problems, but he loves to hit and has at times shown a great nose for the net. For Maxwell, another veteran of the national under-18 system, the concern may be that there are too many offensive weapons, so that the speedy, tenacious centerman will have to rely greatly on his developing grittiness and burgeoning two-way play in order to latch on with the national junior team. Expected to make the club next year, Maxwell will have to have an excellent camp this season to crack the deep squad.

Encouraging article.

By the way, if you're interested, here's the whole article, including some comments on Carey Price:

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=9285

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Nice to see Price make Team Canada. I hope he gets the first start with the team, because I predict he'll start to impress once the games are underway, and it will lead to his claiming the #1 starter.