Dissapointed by Streit

KoZed

Keep Dandenault up front, he's a good 3rd liner up there. Get Gorges in, and bench Streit. Dunno why so many people have a soft spot for him, he's been terrible on D all his seasons here. He was a decent 4th liner, but that's not a huge feat.

The guy put up 10 goals and 36 points last season - I dare say there aren't any fourth line forwards in the league who put up that many points these days.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that it's nice to be debating over what to do with all of our depth players. Remember counting on Traverse back there and Breezy was our number 1? Dandy is doing a hell of a job. Leave him alone. Work Streit into the forward line up once in a while so he can get some confidence back. Bench Streit and Cube a once in a while and play Georges. He is a tenacious little guy. He doesn't give up on plays like Cube and Streit.

BRING UP O'BYRNE SOMEHOW

Actually, now that I think about it, would we lose Grabs if he was sent down and brought back up? Excuse my lack of waiver knowledge. I think Grabs should be sent down. No upside to having him there. Then O'byrne could come up. Streit could then be moved around a little more. The only problem there is having 2 Defensemen on the bench. You'd think that would improve the teams defensive play. I like Streit way as a forward.

Edited by BCHabnut

Work Streit into the forward line up once in a while so he can get some confidence back. Bench Streit and Cube a once in a while and play Georges. He is a tenacious little guy. He doesn't give up on plays like Cube and Streit.

The problem with moving Streit to a forward position is that it doesn,t help our biggest problem up front...lack of Size. Streit is small, we need big boys up front.

I would also love to see O'byrne in Montreal, we could use another giant on the D, but for some reason, he's still in Hamilton!

Sorry for the belated reply folks.

That 6-0 loss by Hamilton in front of BG did nothing to help those aspiring to be called up. BUT..

I still think that O'Byrne needs/should have a shot at the big time show. We have 3 D who for one reason or another are not living up to their supposed roles: Streit, Bouillon, and Gorges. Time, I think, to bring in some fresh blood at D.

I do not particularly care what BG does with Streit, Bouillon and Gorges. O'Byrne, on the other hand must be brought in paired with Hamrlik: that will give us 2 solid D pairs. The 3rd pair could be Brisebois-Cote. Dandenault used up front could be the emergency D-man.

Grabovski has done absolutely nothing. So, either move him down or get rid of him.

I remain unsure what to do with Smolinski, Kostopulos, or Begin. Perhaps more dead meat? Or maybe just spots for Lapierre, #### jr.?

I'd like to see Streit just stick to playing one position right now, that being defense. He's a nifty skilled defenseman and shows some great confidence at times. But he be's jerked back and forth between forward and defence and I kind of think that is messing up his game.

I'd like to see Streit just stick to playing one position right now, that being defense. He's a nifty skilled defenseman and shows some great confidence at times. But he be's jerked back and forth between forward and defence and I kind of think that is messing up his game.

I'd be happy if they put him on his correct side and paired him with some else besides Cube, and Jorges to a lesser extent.