Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Habs invite Eric Gelinas to camp on a PTO

JoeLassister    276

Why not.

Link67    108

I don't think he will pan out but there is no harm in trying 

habs rule    392

Mark down marky strikes again. Let's try this no talent defenceman. He has been so successful so far. sarcasm

BlueKross    26
2 hours ago, habs rule said:

Mark down marky strikes again. Let's try this no talent defenceman. He has been so successful so far. sarcasm

I think he anticipates to lose some on waivers. Laval can only have so many veterans. Must be over our limit by now? Dlbair  need help to answer that question.

dlbalr    678
2 hours ago, BlueKross said:

I think he anticipates to lose some on waivers. Laval can only have so many veterans. Must be over our limit by now? Dlbair  need help to answer that question.

I have them at 4/5 on the 320+ GP side (Terry, Holland, Taormina, and Redmond) with Froese in the 260-319 category (they can dress one in that section).  They might have room for one more veteran (and Gelinas is past 320 pro GP now) depending on what happens with the rest of the roster.  Of those veterans, Holland may be the only one who is really at risk of being claimed; the others all cleared last year without any issue.

(I'll also note that Joe Morrow is at 251 GP so he counts as a regular development player this year and won't count against the veteran limit if he clears waivers and is sent down.)

BlueKross    26

Thanx Dlbair- better shape than I thought. 

dlbalr    678
Just now, BlueKross said:

Thanx Dlbair- better shape than I thought. 

They're also allowed to carry more than the max on the roster, they just would have to scratch someone when everyone's healthy.  The Marlies have done that a fair bit over the years, carry seven or eight veterans, rotate them around when everyone's healthy but when someone gets hurt/recalled, they have a more than capable replacement and don't miss a beat.