Out of the Aucoin Sweepstakes?

jl.roberts

You're right. That's exactly what it says on ALL counts.

No big deal. I'd rather have players who want to PLAY for the Canadiens then play for big money.

Let him go... he was never my first choice anyways (Foote is, but I doubt we get him either).

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense... how much cash will the Leafs have left if they were to sign Aucoin (not that they necessarily will)? 5 million or so for what, 6 guys

Who knows... it looks like a lot will go down in the next couple of days though eh.

[Edited on 2005/8/2 by jl.roberts]

This sucks. Montreal needs a good guy for D. Something's telling me we might be calling Brisebois soon... hope it's not too late... :P

Kidding, should still be a couple other good guys available... However, Foote has just reportedly signed with Columbus.

That's ok with me. I would have welcomed him if he signed with Montreal, but I didn't expect it as I knew he would be very highly coveted around the league. The Habs are not in the best position to pay "top" dollar. Look at Columbus, a team with very little money tied up to existing players now because most of their team is so young. They just signed Foote to around $4.5 M / season, which is very smart signing. He's a good leader and will play a big role on their team, and their younger defenceman will all have a chance to learn from him.