HOCKEY'S FUTURE TOP 50 NHL PROSPECTS

Trizzak

Quoting Menard's article, there is this part about Perezhogin:

A plus player, he needs to keep his emotions in check to help get to the next level.

Read that exact same phrase about Perezhogin on Forecaster's website. Dont want to say Menard's plagiarizing, but its kinda odd.

Originally posted by ap79

Quoting Menard's article, there is this part about Perezhogin:

A plus player, he needs to keep his emotions in check to help get to the next level.

Read that exact same phrase about Perezhogin on Forecaster's website. Dont want to say Menard's plagiarizing, but its kinda odd.

Yes, it's very close but as far as plagiarizing, I don't think so. It could be considered simply as a use of a reference. He might have been better to make mention of THE FORECASTER along with that comment but I don't think it's a serious issue.

My personal slant on that comment by the FORECASTER writer is that it's a bunch of BS. Perezhogin has never shown difficulties with his emotions before. I'll just paste the comments I made in the PEREZHOGIN - JUSTIFIED? topic in HABS TALK:

"If you REALLY want to know what kind of player/person Perezhogin is, check this site:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp...315&hubName=MTL

Now, look at his Career Stats & Playoff Stats, especially in the year he played with Hamilton. You'll see that this guy had 68 PENALTY MINUTES IN 82 GAMES PLAYED. In his whole career, this guy averaged less than one minute of penalty time per game. Some dangerous man.

What happened there was a knee-jerk thing with the other guy's head at the wrong place. What would have happened if Perezhogin's head had been 4 inches higher or the swing 4 inches lower when the other player swung his stick? It was accidental. By the way, the other guy had a very similar penalty record as did Perezhogin. Both were not the kind of player who do that. The incident was out of character for both of them.

Oh, and you'll also see in the Scouting Report above the comment: "Needs to work on keeping his emotions in check." WHAT GARBAGE!!!! Anyone who's only got 68 penalty minutes in 82 games does very well at that considering all the hacking, slashing and other similar stuff that he had to endure (like most players do)."

By the way, I don't know if TSN.CA acknowledges the use of THE FORECASTER's comments or not but if they don't, that's a wonderful example of plagiarism.

Originally posted by shortcat1

By the way, I don't know if TSN.CA acknowledges the use of THE FORECASTER's comments or not but if they don't, that's a wonderful example of plagiarism.

Well Forecaster sells its content to sports sites and such. I'm guessing TSN.ca is one of their clients.

Originally posted by Trizzak

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?s...hreaded&order=0

Odd that Hainsey has completely dropped off the face of the earth...

Edit: Why I put this under NHL I have no idea.

Today might be a good day to stop sniffing glue

[Edited on 2005/8/29 by Trizzak]

I've been looking forward to the revised list of prospects. Some interesting changes.

First, as to Hainsey's dropping 'off the face of the earth', what I've read (somewhere) is that, after a certain age/number of years as a prospect, a player is dropped from the 'Prospects' list. They may very well still be prospects but they no longer qualify as prospects under HOCKEYSFUTURE's definition. The same thing has applied for Christian Larivée, Matt Shasby, and others.

Second, I'm surprised to see Yann Danis's value drop. It may very well be that Carey Price is a better candidate that he is but last time, Danis was considered an 8A prospect - very promising. Now, he's considered a 7.5B. I can't understand the drop. Danis is still the same guy who posted those super numbers last year.

Also, Kyle Chipchura fell from a 7A to a 6.5B. Again, what's that about?

Is that because rating considerations have changed? Is that because it's not Dann Linn who's the Canadiens writer anymore but Alexandre Beland-Bernard and Jason Menard and they have stricter criteria than Linn had? I don't know. Tomas Plekanec's value dropped a bit but Marcel Hossa's and Corey Locke's stayed the same. Maxime Lapierre's value dropped and Duncan Milroy's stayed the same. Who knows.

Probably the best thing to do would be to write Béland-Bernard & Ménard.

Bottom end, GO HABS GO!!!

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

[Edited on 2005/8/30 by shortcat1]

Here's another one to munch on.

The TOP 50 PROSPECTS LIST has just been updated (August 15th, 2005) and. of course, there's been some movement. As far as the Canadiens are concerned, there's both a positive and a negative impact.

First, the positive. Alex Perezhogin didn't even make the last list and the list before, he was quite a ways down, somewhere in the late 40's. Now, he's JUMPED WAY UP to # 25. Very good indeed.

Second, the negative. Andrei Kostsitsyn fell from 15 to 20 and Chris Higgins has fallen right off the list. Higgins's drop-off is easy to understand. Many new prospects made the list (some guy called Crosby among others). Kostsitsyn's drop is a bit harder to take though because the only new guys to make the list ahead of him are Crosby and Johnson. Fedor Tyutin (NYR) and Jeff Carter (PHI), Hannu Toivonen (BOS) & Ryan Getzlaf (ANA) jumped ahead of Kostsitsyn. I suppose that this can be explained, in part, because Kostsitsyn's ratings dropped from a 9C to an 8.5B. That change essentially means that Kostsistsyn's 'bottom end' is still as first/second line player but his top end is still that of a first line player, bordering on being an elite forward. Still nothing to sniff at but I'm meandering here.

So, on the whole, the Canadiens prospect outlook, as compared to the league on the whole, is still very strong, in so far as I can see.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Unfortunatley, these prospect reports arn't all that accurate except for the very elite talents. No one person or company has the time to really analyze all the talent there is out there. If they did, they'd probably realize that Kostitsyn saw mostly 3rd and 4th line duties and very little PP action which affected his point totals on the year. If they had known that he stock probably would not have dropped.

Having said that, if he puts up a point a game this year, the next list will have him rated as a 9.0 and surefire hall of famer. But that doesn't necessarily make is so.

The reason Carter and Richards are rated so strongly is because they were featured in Philly's AHL team run for the calder cup. They played plenty of 1st and 2nd line minutes as well as had PP and PK time.

I agree the Canadiens prospect outlook is strong will some good young talent in the system. Just need to get a few of the Europeans over here to see what they can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen Kosts in action, I can't say I've been overtly thrilled with his progress. He's learned the defensive side, he's making strides in his overall game but it's hard to imagine him eventually filling out a position on the first line. I hope he does make it though.

Give Kostsitsyn a break.... Imagine how he would of played in the CHL with guys his own age. Not to mention, moving to a new place and learning a new language. The AHL was a great league last year as a result of the lockout, and a tough place to play. He is the only reason Belarus qualified for the WJHC. I believe he will tear up the AHL this year, and have an immediate impact when he joins the big club.

And why does it say 10 replies when there's only 5? (6 now)

[Edited on 2005/9/9 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

Can someone give me a link for this list? I would like to see it for myself.

A little googleing ...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/top50.php

;)

Originally posted by shortcat1

And why does it say 10 replies when there's only 5? (6 now)

I suppose somebody has deleted his post(s) - anyways, it's no big deal, isn't it? *fg*