With Every Game It Shows More And More We Need Help

kw11habs

:( As a die hard fan who has to listen to Leaf lovers and Canadien haters everyday it gets worse with every game. I hope Bonk was wined & dined by Colorado last night as he was there 1'st star. In the box for a stupid penalty on there first goal and a cross ice giveaway pass in his own end to help them get the winner. Then I see Julien actually but him back on the ice after that. Besides a few players going maybe Julien should be following can anyone say DOUG JARVIS. Souray's game has been getting better every game so with him gone for any length of time we need immediate help on D. Rumour has Ribiero going to Chicago, but a also hear Washington is interested in him. Ribiero, Dagenais and Sundstrom for B. Witt, & J, Freisen we take on 1.3 mill in salary but we can make up for that by unloading Theo, Colorado has been rumoured but I hear that Gretzsky might be interested. Send Theo, Ryder, Bonk & Streit for Cujo or Boucher (both have same salary) along with L. Nagy, D. Gauthier, P. Nedved and S. Gainey. We save 1.4 mill in salary to compensate for the loss in the first trade. Last of all to get some MUCH needed TOUGHNESS we send either J. Aitken or J. Paul along with P. Vandermeer to Nashville for D. Hordichuk or to Minnesota for D. Boogaard. The we look like this Goal=( Cujo or Boucher), Huet, Danis Defense= Witt-Markov, Rivet-Gauthier, Dandenault-Bouillon, Komisarek and Souray when he gets back makes Dandenault a fourth line winger. Forwards= Koivu, Nagy, Kovalev- Nedved, Friesen, Zednik, - Bulis, Begin, Higgins, - Murray, (Hordichuk or Boogaard), Gainey, Ferland and Plecanek when he gets back and Dandenault when Souray gets back sends Ferland and Gainey to Hamilton. Depth for call-ups=Kostitsin, Perezhogin, Locke.

kw, I'd ask that you edit that post to put some whitespace in it... maybe some paragraphing?

I had a bit of trouble following you, but it seems like you want an awful lot of really complicated trades... as a practical matter that ain't going to happen.

Also, Dagenais is just about untradeable since I believe in order to play for a new team he would still have to come up through 50/50 waivers.

Also, Dagenais is just about untradeable since I believe in order to play for a new team he would still have to come up through 50/50 waivers.

Dags is untradeable, but probably not b/c of the waivers situation, more likely because he just plain sucks. I think he's working his way down to the buses in the ECHL, He seems like the kind of guy that would really enjoy the Long Beach party scene.

:( As a die hard fan who has to listen to Leaf lovers and Canadien haters everyday it gets worse with every game. I hope Bonk was wined & dined by Colorado last night as he was there 1'st star. In the box for a stupid penalty on there first goal and a cross ice giveaway pass in his own end to help them get the winner. Then I see Julien actually but him back on the ice after that. Besides a few players going maybe Julien should be following can anyone say DOUG JARVIS. Souray's game has been getting better every game so with him gone for any length of time we need immediate help on D. Rumour has Ribiero going to Chicago, but a also hear Washington is interested in him. Ribiero, Dagenais and Sundstrom for B. Witt, & J, Freisen we take on 1.3 mill in salary but we can make up for that by unloading Theo, Colorado has been rumoured but I hear that Gretzsky might be interested. Send Theo, Ryder, Bonk & Streit for Cujo or Boucher (both have same salary) along with L. Nagy, D. Gauthier, P. Nedved and S. Gainey. We save 1.4 mill in salary to compensate for the loss in the first trade. Last of all to get some MUCH needed TOUGHNESS we send either J. Aitken or J. Paul along with P. Vandermeer to Nashville for D. Hordichuk or to Minnesota for D. Boogaard. The we look like this Goal=( Cujo or Boucher), Huet, Danis Defense= Witt-Markov, Rivet-Gauthier, Dandenault-Bouillon, Komisarek and Souray when he gets back makes Dandenault a fourth line winger. Forwards= Koivu, Nagy, Kovalev- Nedved, Friesen, Zednik, - Bulis, Begin, Higgins, - Murray, (Hordichuk or Boogaard), Gainey, Ferland and Plecanek when he gets back and Dandenault when Souray gets back sends Ferland and Gainey to Hamilton. Depth for call-ups=Kostitsin, Perezhogin, Locke.

KABOOM.......

realism, realism, realism!!!!!

(and there just isn't any of it here.)

I mean, sometimes it gets so bad here I actually need to go to one of the Leaf fan's forum sites just for a bit of sanity(and that is pretty bad if you ask me?)

If you're going to suggest trades you have to have ones that make some sense. This is just blowing up the team cause they aren't winning it all today. Gainey has a plan and some longterm foresight. Examples like this are best left to the EA games generation - and they might not even happen there? Ideas like these are just short term solutions to stop the temporary bleeding.

I must admit that I spend little time responding to posts here, however I check it out basically every day to get my Habs fix here in Southern Ontario. As a Habs fan since the late 1950's I have seen both the glory years and the lean years and patience has always been the one great virtue of Habs management.

Players were never rushed to the NHL and Bob Gainey is just following an age old, tried & tested method that has made the Habs hockey's # 1 record and tradition.

So, PATIENCE GENTLEMAN - I'd rather be in the hunt for years to come than shoot it all on a possible chance for this season.... can anybody here say LEAFS?

Might as well have said "Trade the entire team for Ottawa's team...but throw in a draft pick or two to compensate."

Unless you're what would have to be considered a hockey alchemist, or as soon as EA's NHL 06 GM's take over the league, these trades just aren't happening.

Cujo if he was a habs he would never win.

He cannot win under pressure. Look how he did with the wings, and look how he begun to do play once his name was mentioned as an Olympic candidate he started to blow it.

Why would you want to dismantle a team from my experience when teams get gutted it takes time for them to gel and that may never happen. But everyone knows these trades a bogus I will be surprised to see even 1 of the players you mentioned wind up in Montreal.

Yeah I feel the exact same way each night when I should be studying or reading I am watching hockey with my roomies and pressing F5 to refresh any page that will update a trade for out beloved Club Du Hockey Canadien.