Game Thread | Toronto vs. Canadiens | 12/02/06

Spider-Man NL

Wow i'm speechless. Koivu... incredible. When things are going bad, the captain is more often than not the one who steps up and leads the team to victory, and here he's done it again.

I hope i live to see his number raised high above the bell center one day.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I will never regret drinking with a friend over a girl ever again.....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Eat it TML...You really do hurt!!!!!!!

What an effort to come back...from halfway through the second on....Montreal really controlled the play...Kovalev made up for his mistake...

I firmly believe that Kovalev and Koivu= A lethal line...but we'll leave that up to Guy and Kirk to figure out...

Good job habs...You just made my night...Im glad i turned that girl down...and could yell in front of my TV as loud as i possibly could......GO :hlogo: GO!!!!!

SOURAY!!!!!!!

He faked the slapper then waited him out

Fortunately, Souray lifted the puck as to not hit Raycroft or the ton of bricks he "deposited" on the ice when Souray wound up...

I respectfully beg to differ. Bam Bam decking Tucker, that gave the team some attitude.

yeh... let's give the other team attitude... not the refs, ok?

I would really like to see Souray and Markov signed. Not sure how they pull it off, but those two guys are huge for this team.

If they have to let someone go, it is pretty clear to me that it is Rivet. Unless he signs for cheap.. bye bye.

I would really like to see Souray and Markov signed. Not sure how they pull it off, but those two guys are huge for this team.

If they have to let someone go, it is pretty clear to me that it is Rivet. Unless he signs for cheap.. bye bye.

I think I have to agree...

right now i dont even want to bother with that...i want to savour our Victory over the Leafs!!!!does it ever feel good!!

get off Rivet's back...

... obviously his injury was the big break the Habs needed tonight!

haha yeah. Get Streit in the lineup!

And great to have Bouillon back.

woot! woke up to see just the end of the shootout -- what a nice way to start my day, awesome PS by Souray!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIce hehe. You didn't miss much.. brutal and frustraing game!

Highlight of the game was Bouillon hitting Tucker on the nose with a furious right. (That left Tucker bleeding)

Oh, and Kovalev is on the way out. Carbo is very patient and gave him all the ice time he wants and put him on SO. Kovalev has no excuse.

All this hate on Rivet is sickening. Sure he's less than perfect sometimes, but i would think all the years he's contributed to the team would have earned him a bit more respect than this. You guys are mocking him outright. For shame.

Kovalev needs to take a break or something. He seems to be lacking confidence and hardly playing up to his potential. Thank goodness for Huet, Koivu, etc.

I hate giving the leafs a point, but at least we're ahead of the leafs by 2 with 3 games in hand! GHG

Edited by Cataclaw

Highlight of the game was Bouillon hitting Tucker on the nose with a furious right. (That left Tucker bleeding)

That was so good. Bouillon drops the gloves and just stands there waiting for Tucker to get it on but Tucker pussies out, so Bouillon just tells himself "oooh, what the Hell... " and drops Tucker with ONE right on the kisser.

Can't wait for the vid to come out.

haha yeah. Get Streit in the lineup!

And great to have Bouillon back.

NIce hehe. You didn't miss much.. brutal and frustraing game!

Oh, and Kovalev is on the way out. Carbo is very patient and gave him all the ice time he wants and put him on SO. Kovalev has no excuse.

How we gonna trade Kovy? I really think he has more value to us than he would on the market. Let's face it, he's going to be there when it counts the most, I'm willing to wait and see come April...

All this hate on Rivet is sickening. Sure he's less than perfect sometimes, but i would think all the years he's contributed to the team would have earned him a bit more respect than this. You guys are mocking outright. For shame.

Boo-hoo. He's not the first Habs to get through that and not the last. At 2.66M$ per season and a "A" on his sweater, expectations are rightfully higher than what he's been giving us so far this season.

How we gonna trade Kovy? I really think he has more value to us than he would on the market. Let's face it, he's going to be there when it counts the most, I'm willing to wait and see come April...

I'd tend to go in that trend too. As long as we are winning on a consistent basis, there's really no need to make a move as drastic as trading Kovalev. Especially not when Higgins' comeback could open all sorts of new line options.