Game Thread | Tampa Bay vs. Montreal | 12/14/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wicked Huet. WICKED.

Yeah, I'm bummed about the goal but what reflexes Huet demonstated there. He almost had it. Nice straight standing up leg pad next to the post and recovering. Smooth. To react that quickly and have that position. Nice

:hlogo:

so far, it's about 14 - 3 in shots for the lightning...

how're you supposed to win games like that? it's a good thing Huet is playing like he is...

GO :hlogo: GO!

sheeeeshhhhhhhhhhh...

what a 'back on your heels' period for our boys!

final shots total 18 - 4 for the Lightning.

gros merci, cristobal... très gros merci!

I feel like listening to Crystal Ball by Styx :D

Huet is in the zone. They'll come to life in the 2nd. :hlogo:

Montreal is skating hard. We'll do fine. All is well IMO

Je me souviens - Carbonneau and Muller. 1 goal games? 1 goal games was a question asked by Ron Maclean to Captain Kirk in the reg season '93.

Je me souviens. Deja vu :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Those were the days but a hint of that "1 goal games" is evident in the special stats catagories but mostly just that the Mighty Habs are plain gettin it done.

1993!

1 goal games?

Why....must they put Ryder on the PK? We already know the guy is useless in his own end, and then theey put him on the pk? and whattaya know, he fails to clear the zone, GOAL 1 second later. Ryder, I like ya but seriously do not put him on the pk again please Carbo.

jacques demers and the other guy on rds were just discussing about the fact that the denver press are jumping on josé théodore's back due to the fact that he's more often than not earning his multi-millions at the end of the bench.

demers is wondering about the fact that théodore is still struggling, even in a fairly hockey media-quiet place like denver.

i surely don't rejoice over théodore's situation... it's just plain sad.

Wow...that was not a good period. At least they had a beaut of a play on that shorty...nice little pass by Souray.

Nice little move by Ryder, no shot on goal though as it's deflected by the D safely into the netting.

Alrighty, who ever the color guy is for TB, he's a complete freakin' homer.

latendresse is playing good defense for the lightning... he's blocked two shots from the montreal defense so far... 1st one sent him to the clinic for a bit... ouch...

jacques demers and the other guy on rds were just discussing about the fact that the denver press are jumping on josé théodore's back due to the fact that he's more often than not earning his multi-millions at the end of the bench.

demers is wondering about the fact that théodore is still struggling, even in a fairly hockey media-quiet place like denver.

i surely don't rejoice over théodore's situation... it's just plain sad.

I think the smaller pad regulations hurt him. His super strength is his incredible speed. But, he's small to begin with. His speed can't compensate anymore. Or, at least it appears that way. And with the small equipment it got worse.

How do you tell this guy to move faster? Where do you go from up? It's almost like the 2002 hardware jinxed him.

This year based on his pattern he should be doing well. 2002 awesome. 2003 we missed the playoffs, he stank. 2004 Good stuff Jose, playoffs He rebounded. 2005 Off to Colorado :puke:

2006. Where are you Jose? Turn it around!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I think the smaller pad regulations hurt him. His super strength is his incredible speed. But, he's small to begin with. His speed can't compensate anymore. Or, at least it appears that way. And with the small equipment it got worse.

How do you tell this guy to move faster? Where do you go from up? It's almost like the 2002 hardware jinxed him.

This year based on his pattern he should be doing well. 2002 awesome. 2003 we missed the playoffs, he stank. 2004 Good stuff Jose, playoffs He rebounded. 2005 Off to Colorado :puke:

2006. Where are you Jose? Turn it around!

no kidding!