Why I know Carbonneau is a good coach

Nilan25

Slumps are not prolonged, gets Kovalev to buy in to the system, turns Streit into a useful part, watching young players like Latendresse and Perozhogin clear the puck out of the zone on the wing effectively, PP and PK leading the league, faceoff acumen of Koivu and Bonk, turning Bonk into a useful part. Rolling 4 lines. The matured and measured play of Komisarek. Habs playing as a TEAM!

agreed; don't forget surrounding himself with winners; muller and the rest of the coaching staff! And although many are unhappy with him yapping at the refs; I think its an effective tactic; all the great coaches knew how to take the heat off the players and put the attention on something else like a coach who helps give his team a chance to turn things around...

Edited by Chips

i agree also...

this is the 1st time in a while that there's been a healthy atmosphere in the team...

it seems that all players are pretty well playing together and going in the same direction...

this isn't all due to carbonneau... gainey's got a lot to do with it... he's the one who brought the present team in... he's the one who got rid of the ones who didn't seem to be working well together...

carbonneau's strength is that he's been able, along with his assistants, to work with these guys and make them a unit... most important...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I have to agree Carbonneau has really go the Habs playing well. A lot of bounces have not gone the Habs way in the offensive zone especially for the 2nd line. The Habs have a great record considering their not so regular offensive contributions from the 2nd line.

Streit has become very impressive he works so hard and is such a powerful and quick skater he has really found a great role as a utility player.

I have to agree Carbonneau has really go the Habs playing well. A lot of bounces have not gone the Habs way in the offensive zone especially for the 2nd line. The Habs have a great record considering their not so regular offensive contributions from the 2nd line.

Streit has become very impressive he works so hard and is such a powerful and quick skater he has really found a great role as a utility player.

Streit my gosh today he played Centre! tomorrow Goalie backup? This is Caro and co observing the talent in the Swiss captain

Slumps are not prolonged
This is one of the things that make the 06/07 Canadiens different from the last bunch of years. They have been able to keep losing streaks very short all season.