What feeling do you get around Montreal?

Habinator33

Just wondering for all you people in montreal and canada what is the feeling you are getting regarding yet another trade or does it sound like Gainey is basically done and the lineup we have tonight is basically going to be the lineup with of course the injured players back going into the playoffs.

If the media and everyone is still saying their not done who is it that they are still interested in getting? I just don't see them going after another big fish I think that would screw up team chemistry 1 is enough. I like seeing them going out and getting decent-good players but not another star. Brendan Witt!!!!!

On another side note I'm about to get my password back for yahoo. It was my neighbor who got it now it's time to lay the smack down on his ass.

Depends what you mean by around Montreal.

The local media was just bowled over by the Kovalev deal.. and frankly there is no more pressure coming from them to do anything else.

But a persistent, and in the past pretty reliable, source on the net is saying Bob isn't done... and that he's working on something big.

We'll see.

Gainey mentionned lately he's pretty happy with his D corps... but he also said he wouldn't rent anyone, so I believe he'll definitely add another D.

The media in Montreal never gets anything right, they only can speculate like the fans... Montreal needs better media guys :)

Their is a buzz around the Habs internet community though, its all goes back to Feb 27th when "Molson Man" (Please dont ask me to explain "who he is" and "what he predicted" again, I've done it way to many times) saying that the Habs are going to make a blockbuster deal... Then after the Kovalev deal was made he said that, that was not the deal he was talking about and that the habs would make an even bigger deal then that.

Personally I dont think Gainey is done dealing yet, he'll at least make one trade (shipping out some of the extra forwards... Perreault probably) ... And if MM is right (No reason to beleive he's wrong from his record) , he'll make a 2nd deal, the big one.

What, the Kovalev deal wasn't big enough for you?

Originally posted by Toren

What, the Kovalev deal wasn't big enough for you?

hehehe... It was big enough from me, I'm just going off what MM is saying, his track record speaks for itself.

Daze wow that would solve our LW shortage, although I still think we should bring Hossa up for a game or 2 and see if he will perform as he did the end of last year, and not like he did the start of this year.

:ghg: