We shouldve taken Hasek

Aebischer4life

No why...

Hasek 2.03 GAA by the way.

oh well you're right top priority is goaltending right now... let's throw a youngster or a 1rst rounder nice idea

Edited by JoeLassister

Funny that you list Abby as your fav habs...............But whatever, if you think Hasek is all that and a bag of chips.

And the goal scoring IS the problem, just like you said Kovalev and Ryder IF they WERE SCORING we'd be WINNING these games.....

And I'm done with this thread, since you seem hell bent on Hasek :wall:

Hasek is still a top 5 goalie in the game. Huet isnt even top 10.

I'd say he's more then a bag of chips, he's a truckload of carrots.

According to All Stars game and statistics, he might be at least top 6...

Just stop looking at freaking Statistics, ok, let's get Hasek to the team, the guy is old then 40 years old, he's going to retire soon, but after Hasek retires, who will the habs use as their first goalie? Good question? Carey Price? No that would be suicide, he is too young and he's not going to be ready to hold the habs first goalie position right away. Aebischer4life you don't know what you're talking about, Stastistics don't mean everything, if the habs had better defensive and would scored more goals, Huet can stop the shots with his eyes closed...

Sorry AFL but Hasek would not have helped this team very much. Huet and Aebischer have played well for most of the season, even Hasek has had some off nights but the Wings are the best shut down team in the league not only do they keep most of the shots to the outside but they limit this shot count below 30 pretty much every night and on occasion they allow fewer than 20.

Koivu and Kovalev must produce.

Kovalev and Ryder are great snipers thank you.

The goaltending is a problem.

Wow. I guess that's why Kovalev and Ryder have 27 goals, combined. There are 9 individuals with more goals than these two "snipers" together. I guess scoring isn't a problem since we're only one of 6 teams without even a 20 goal scorer. :wacko:

Then let's talk about the defense. Souray has a great shot, but is prone to being undressed. Rivet is slow and past his prime. Komisarek is still improving, but he's still not a stud. Dandenault is decent. Bouillon gives 110%, but is still decent. Markov is the only excellent all-around D-man we have, and most would say even he is having a poor season.

Now let's look at goalies. Huet and Aebischer are both in the top 15 in SV%. Hasek is not. Huet has faced 250 more shots than Hasek in 4 fewer games. That is a result of poor defense and not enough offensive possession. If our offense plays better, that means fewer shots against Huet and Aebi. If our D plays better, that's even fewer shots against. Cut down on those by playing better in both ends and we're fine.

If there is one strength this team has, it is goaltending.

We shouldve signed Hasek in the offseason. The guy is making 750 000 and has the best GAA in the entire league, 2nd most wins and 2nd most shutouts.

Imagine a Huet/Hasek tandem. Huet seems to get tired after a while so Hasek couldve been great for us.

Maybe we need a new section,.....the Habsworld Fancy Whatever section.

Our goaltending situation has been shaky as of late. Huet %SVP dropped. Still I agree that our main problem is up front. First two lines aren't producing and they are the ones to blame.

Still, keep it cool with Aeb4L guys. No name calling.