The Emery incident

Mr. Nasty

Ottawa have equaled the Leafs up as my least favourite team, i never thought would see the day...

As for comparing it to Hextall, at least when he got pissed he slashed a person's legs (as far as I know) where no long-lasting damage can be done. Emery went for face.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ottawa have equaled the Leafs up as my least favourite team, i never thought would see the day...

As for comparing it to Hextall, at least when he got pissed he slashed a person's legs (as far as I know) where no long-lasting damage can be done. Emery went for face.

yeah, exept that time he went after Chelios in the head :puke:

Did this guy ever box, or does he just think he's some kind of hard-ass. I hope he gets his ass kicked. Trying to fight lapierre like he did is comparable to throwing a punch after the ref gets in the middle of you. He knew nothing would come of it.....pussy :angry:

I think he was a boxer up until he played junior hockey.

I think he was a boxer up until he played junior hockey.

He ovbiously had one punch too many........but what about Brian Murray.....right after the game he watered colored the incident as much as he could, I can understand that....why attracting more attention when the refs have already missed the incident to start with........but now that facts have been recognised for what they where and talking silly is no longuer usefull......there he goes shifting into second-gear non-sens again,

this guy has no class whatsoever.

Emery... a three game suspension with no pay...

GO :hlogo: GO!

If I'm just repeating some other string, I trust that the guys in charge of this site will delete this topic. But, if not...

Well, there you go... Emery got a 3-game suspension for his slash on Lapierre.

Of course, he says that the decision was too severe but that would be the reaction of any player in his position.

Here's the tsn.ca link:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195934&hubname=nhl

Edited by shortcat1

What I got a kick out of was the number of Sens players, and Murray himself, explaining that the Habs were running Emery all night long, kicking his legs out from under him and all that crap. But The Score, in its story, only ran the play where Johnson backed into Emery, who was coming out from his crease himself, and the only play of the night that resulted in a goalie interference penalty. They never showed another clip of any habs player bumping or knocking Emery. And yet it had been happening on a regular basis all game long, according to Murray.

What I got a kick out of was the number of Sens players, and Murray himself, explaining that the Habs were running Emery all night long, kicking his legs out from under him and all that crap. But The Score, in its story, only ran the play where Johnson backed into Emery, who was coming out from his crease himself, and the only play of the night that resulted in a goalie interference penalty. They never showed another clip of any habs player bumping or knocking Emery. And yet it had been happening on a regular basis all game long, according to Murray.

i wonder if those ottawa players and coaches were watching the same game as me... i don't recall seeing ANY of that stuff by our team...

in fact, i can remember some of our guys screaming at our team to run emery the same way that our goalie was being harassed...