Another François Gagnon interesting article

JoeLassister

I don't totally agree with you. I think the oppenents do have a game plan against the entire Montreal D. All you have to do is pressure them and they WILL give up the puck. 9 out of 10 times they WILL make a bad pass. 9 out of 10 times they WILL fail at getting the puck out of their zone.

Offensively, I think we have the prospects and young guys to turn this ship around over the next year. Defensively, we are in MAJOR TROUBLE.

The habs can re-tool their d in the offseason. Dump rivet and ninamma, resign markov and souray, pikc up a free agent and bring in a prospect from hamilton. There's an improvement.

I also don't understand why the habs can't adjust to the other team's keying in on SOuray on the PP. I don't think you can count tonight, bcoz, well it was Columbus, they are even worse then the habs are. However, all year i've been saying that the habs should put a forward who can control the play on the point with Souray (i.e. Kovolev). That gives the habs an aditional threat from the point if the opposition keys in on Souray, also opens things up for a play down low.

well yeah, thats what they do, and thats why the habs PP is top 3 all year. You have the double threat with souray up high and kovalev down low along the boards. Missing Kovalev hurts us bigtime. Hopefully the habs can adapt like tonight to his absense/

I don't totally agree with you. I think the oppenents do have a game plan against the entire Montreal D. All you have to do is pressure them and they WILL give up the puck. 9 out of 10 times they WILL make a bad pass. 9 out of 10 times they WILL fail at getting the puck out of their zone.

I mean, no team has a DEFENSIVE gameplan against us like we have against all-stars players of Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Ovechkin, Atl...

I mean, no team has a DEFENSIVE gameplan against us like we have against all-stars players of Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Ovechkin, Atl...

my reply wasn't serious - it was meant as sarcasm at the type of game plans oppenents DO have against us :P:D

my reply wasn't serious - it was meant as sarcasm at the type of game plans oppenents DO have against us :P:D

Oh ok then you should write a little "lol" or a :lol: because i've seen all kind of comments on here.

It is sad when your top scorers won't get 70 pts.

they dont need a trade, they were able to beat top teams and get close to first place earlier this season with their top players performing (koivu, higgins) and top goaltending. Either this team will pull together again (the forwards will find the net), goaltending will survive Huet's surgery with Halak stealing the show and Abby stepping up, or the year will be a write off.

This team has marginal talent and no margin of error. If everyone plays great, our goalie stands on his head, and the refs don't involve themselves, the Habs can win fine.

Unfortunately, goalies are not always on, the refs are idiots, and injury / player slumps are a guarantee at some point. Top teams can over come this because they have depth!

This team has no depth and cannot win consistently until they upgrade the talent level on the team.

The habs can re-tool their d in the offseason. Dump rivet and ninamma, resign markov and souray, pikc up a free agent and bring in a prospect from hamilton. There's an improvement.

grrr.. we have. no. caproom.

to do that we'd also have to let both Johnson and Bonk walk and then we'd have to dump Samsonov as well and maybe Ryder. There's not much point gutting our team to keep Souray.

even if we did that, there would be no room for any additional UFA....