Jack Todd on Aibescher and agrees with me about Kostistyn

Nilan25

I like him too,......specially when the CH get involved in the playoffs,.......then his colorfull writing style mesh perfectly with the drama and emotion that is generated by this all encompassing Montreal event.

One thing I dislike thought is a poster like DIRTY HARRY that goes on repeating himself about his personal hatred of draft dodgers........he doesn't care that this will automatically disrupt the thread someone had just

started or that exposing his ignorance for all to see is provocative and anti-thetic to the concept of congenialibility which any fans web's sites type always benefit from.

I mean what good does it do for me to know that I share a commun interest with someone who's feeling outraged by draft dodgers instead of by the grotesque war that they where called to participate in..........a war in which 3.5 MILLLIONS South East Asians lost their lives,.........a war where half million children were borned with dioxine related diformitys as a consequence of the chemical defoliants that had been spreaded all over by the U.S. army.

It doesn't do any good to this site to know such personal details about it's menmbers.

Thanks PB, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to start another debate about the fact that ppl should stop attacking Todd for draft-dodging an essentially cruel and grotesque war that killed millions for no good reason...

I also actually enjoy Todd's writing quite a bit; I don't necessarily take his opinions incredibly seriously, but I enjoy reading his articles. Whether someone dislikes his writing though, that's something I wouldn't mind debating on this site...

One thing I dislike thought is a poster like DIRTY HARRY that goes on repeating himself about his personal hatred of draft dodgers........he doesn't care that this will automatically disrupt the thread someone had just

started or that exposing his ignorance for all to see is provocative and anti-thetic to the concept of congenialibility which any fans web's sites type always benefit from.

I mean what good does it do for me to know that I share a commun interest with someone who's feeling outraged by draft dodgers instead of by the grotesque war that they where called to participate in..........a war in which 3.5 MILLLIONS South East Asians lost their lives,.........a war where half million children were borned with dioxine related diformitys as a consequence of the chemical defoliants that had been spreaded all over by the U.S. army.

It doesn't do any good to this site to know such personal details about it's menmbers.

Well Im sorry if I offended you but when it comes to Jack Todd the gloves are off. No Montreal sports fan should have an ounce of respect for sympathy for Todd for the way he treated a great man like Don Matthews. Cowardly and despicable. Matthews BTW served in 'nam in the marine corps, only to be unjustly harassed and crapped on by Todd 30 years later, and when the man was run out of town after leading our Als to so many wins, there was Todd gloating like he was king shit and crapping on him one more time even though he might have a serious ailment. Todd is a disgrace.

Edited by Dirty Harry

It seems I'm the only one who likes Jack Todd...

Hi Jack, welcome to the site.

DH, it's one thing to not like Turdd for his opinions. I can't stand his writing and haven't read anything that's given something new, interesting, even debatable from him ever. Mindless drivel from an armchair quarterback. I guess his ability to schmooze in for interviews is what keeps him employed - though I never see interviews from him, just, "...Mr. X told me the other day that the Canadiens wear red at home - but once wore white. Mr. X said..." ad nauseum.

In two days, he will talk about Halak shutting out the B's, then roll out the Ken Dryden comparaisons. It'll take him two days to make the link.

But you absolutely cannot go after someone for dodging a war draft - any war draft. Go after him for his shameless treatment of Matthews, sure, but not for staying out of wars to make white American men rich.