Who we gunna sign this summer?

The-Habby2919

i don't know where we're supposed to vote now but i'd say, as most would, we have to sign markov. it would be good to sign souray too but the price may be too high... bonk would be a good signing too but at a more manageable salary...

as to any other free agents, tom preissing & chris phillips would be fine for me on defense... as to forwards, bondra would be interesting... at a low enough price,

ryan smyth is a definite...

paul kariya (again, the price...), jason blake & shanahan, shoane doan, eric brewer, etc...

those would be my choices...

GO :hlogo: GO!

i don't know where we're supposed to vote now but i'd say, as most would, we have to sign markov. it would be good to sign souray too but the price may be too high... bonk would be a good signing too but at a more manageable salary...

as to any other free agents, tom preissing & chris phillips would be fine for me on defense... as to forwards, bondra would be interesting... at a low enough price,

ryan smyth is a definite...

paul kariya (again, the price...), jason blake & shanahan, shoane doan, eric brewer, etc...

those would be my choices...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Brewer and Doan have re-signed with their respective teams. Blake will almost surely stay with NYI. Shanahan could be a real possibility. I believe he's been having fun in New York, but who knows. Maybe they'll have cap problems or something. We're probably still his second choice. Kariya would be awesome.

Marleau is a UFA??

I am afraid all of our wishful thinking about Briere or another scoring forward will not bring us what we want and Gainey will have to look at our other rookies at Hamilton. I wonder if a trade could be made with our surplus goalies to include Huet, Price, or Halak with some other players in Hamilton for someone like Lecalvelier could be developed. Tampa needs goaltending and we have a surplus. Note I did not include Abeisher(sp?) in the mix of goalies other teams could want.. :huh:

Edited by thib46

If we can get Briere, I might be tempted to drop Bonk, and move Pleks down. That would be an awesome 3rd line and Pleks is very capable of playing the defensive role.

I would be a bit worried about not having a big center, but at least we would have great depth down the middle and some speed. Briere, Koivu, Pleks...

Not sure who is available on defense, but keeping Markov and Souray (tall order) would be good, as long as they can sign a real top defensive defenseman to go with them. Will be tough. My real fear is we will lose Souray and replace him with yet another depth defenseman. Our PP will be crap, we still won't have decent defense, and we will be having this conversation next April....

If we plan on signing a big name scorer we'd better get someone who can set them up! With our defense 1st gameplan (even though we suck at that) anyone we bring in will need to play D 1st.

Seriously, with our coaching staff and their defensive mindset to the game, [which looking at some of our scoring leaders +/-] maybe it's time to change the gameplan and OPEN up our game....

Well at least my Wolves beat the Colts in the 2nd OT to lead 2-0 over the #1 ranked team in the East.....

Go Wolves Go!

And the "Easter Bunny" just got here and I got a Habs CD holder for the car and a Habs golf glove.........sure rub it in.... :rolleyes:

Edited by kenadian