Andrei Kostitsyn injury update

habscout

At the bottom of this article, it mentioned Andrei's groin injury. Looks like Hamilton is finally admitting that it could be a tear, which would likely mean surgery. At least he has a few months to recover from it properly.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112274690756

Edited by habscout

• 3 weeks later...

"there is no chance whatsoever of Andrei Kostitsyn coming back this season. Kostitsyn, who has a torn groin, has returned to Russia. He's not expected back in Montreal until July, when he will be checked out by team doctors."

source: Hamilton Spectator

The main thing is that he is ready for training camp. He could potentially be an important part of the Habs next year and they need him 100% physically and mentally.

yep

he's second line bound next year.

I hope that he is ready for training camp. Personally, I don't know why they are waiting so long if there is a tear. If they have to opporate, do it now ... and use the time to heal! But, hey, I'm not a doctor!

If they are waiting I am sure he will not need surgery. Just a lot of rest and no pressure. My guess is he treid to rush back and pushed ti to hard 2 months off will be nice.