Brad Richards

newf

Brad Richards  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Habs make a move to get Brad Richards?

• Yes
    • No

i'd like to see them get brad richards .. because its unlikely tampa would part with vinny.. but tampa has three high salaried forwards and they are going to have to part with one of them eventually you wouldl think... and with st. louis having good chemistry with vinny then i think richards would be the easier guy to get from tampa... i think he'd do great elsewhere... and he won the con smyth the yr they won the cup i believe... and also lead the lightning in playoff points this past season http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?n...e=nhl-lightning Drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 3rd round (64th overall) in 1998!! so i'm hoping they pull off something and get richards !!! strange feeling montreal would have to give up plekanec, kostitsyn, young d prospect, draft pick for richards though... of course all this is purely speculation on my part.. but what do you people think of the possibility and who we would have to part with to make it happen?

:popcorn:

TB laid out a whole lot of coin for their marquee players, the cap has gone up but sooner or later they still may be in trouble money-wise -- prefer Vinny of course but Richards would be a great addition for sure.....

Probably not now, but we'll see. :hlogo:

No, it's not going to happen as much as I would like it to.

If there's one thing we Habs fans sure know how to do, it's fantasize about getting other team's stars. First it was Lecavalier, then it was Marleau, now it's Richards. :P

These Tampa Bay rumors drive me crazy. THEY WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Even the freakin' GM is losing his mind, I don't know how many times the guy has to scream they won't trade any of their big 4.

No offence, but it's a silly poll. OF COURSE we 'should' try to get Brad Richards. Just like I 'should' try to win Lotto 649. And the former is only slightly more likely than the latter. Besides, why Richards and not, say, Crsoby, or Malkin, or Ovechkin, etc.?

This thread is a waste of time if yuo just think for about three seconds.

Gainey will not trade Koivu.

Gainey will not trade Plekanec.

Gainey would not and can not trade Smolinski.

So would we get a superstar C without giving any centers back in return (aside for maybe Lapierre but I don't think Gainey would trade him)? Or do we bring in a Marleau or Richards and demote Smolinski to the fourth line? Gainey didn't pay 2 million dollars for a guy to sit on our fourth line. We are not acquiring a top 2 C.

I could see the Chimera trade happening. That would be a slick move.

This thread is a waste of time if yuo just think for about three seconds.

how about not saying anything if a thread doesn't interest you?

thanks for wasting your time... numbnutz :popcorn:

Edited by JeanLucPilon
No name-calling please, "numbnutz" barely qualifies

how about not saying anything if a thread doesn't interest you?

thanks for wasting your time... numbnutz :popcorn:

Wow. I guess you didn't think about it for 3 seconds. BTH makes a strong point on why this thread is useless. Think again while you munch on your popcorn.

Gainey can't and won't trade his centers and Tampa won't trade Richards. Get it?