How good were the '93 Cup Champions?

Habitforming

Yeah, I HATE IT WHEN THEY MAKE THAT CLAIM. Another sorry example of EXCUSES EXCUSES LEEFNATION!

Toronto was leading the Kings 3 games to 2 and could have closed it out in game 6. I remember watching that game and saying, "C'mon Toronto, get yer butts in gear for the love of money, stop dragging your collective butts".

They could have won game 6 - they didn't. They could have won game 7 - THEY DIDN'T!

But we understand Toronto. It had nothing to do with lousy game 6 or 7 effort. It was one missed call. Missed calls usually happen in every series. Did Crosby say the Sens should have lost becasue of his disallowed goal this year? NO!

THEM'S THE BREAKS - IDIOTS! What is so hard to understnad about that? It beats me.

Honestly, I would have been pissed about that call. It was a bad call. Especially with Gretzky scoring the winner.

But Gilmour headbutted McSorely early on in the series which was a no call and after Game 6 they had a game at home to go to the Finals and never led in the game. They could have closed out Detroit at home in Game 6 but could not, they could not close out St. Louis in less than 7 etc etc etc. If they were such a great team why did they play 3 straight 7 game series?

They made their own bed.

Montreal had 48 wins that season! The only team in the entire NHL with more wins was Pittsburgh. We were a strong contender from the start and we were a deep team with a good mix of youth and experience. It's not our fault we took out the 4th overall seed in the first round. If we took out the Nordiques in the 3rd round instead of the 1st, then people wouldn't be making such a fuss.

Montreal had 48 wins that season! The only team in the entire NHL with more wins was Pittsburgh. We were a strong contender from the start and we were a deep team with a good mix of youth and experience. It's not our fault we took out the 4th overall seed in the first round. If we took out the Nordiques in the 3rd round instead of the 1st, then people wouldn't be making such a fuss.

The truth is that Toronto was a much better team in Leaf fan eyes; when they eventually wake up (if ever) they will realize they were not all that good. Bad hockey, complaints about officials and AVERAGE goaltending are always excuses. Now what are leafies going to complain about when they miss the playoffs once again????

9if

Can watch it over & over again, love it..

:hlogo:

Beau-ti-ful. * wipes nostalgic tear from eye *

Here's how I look at it.

1. Regular season is one thing, playoffs a different thing.

2. It's not how good your team is on paper, it's the on-ice product that counts. If the Habs won the Cup in 1993, then they were the best team during that stretch of games, and that's the stretch that counts. Simple as that.