Hockey Scout School?

Psycing

Don't waste your time with online-based junk. I highly doubt any school could teach you how to do that kind of a job.

I'd figure that as the previous poster mentioned, connections are the best way to get it - the kind that are developed either through years of coaching and being around the game, or through playing and eventually being taken under the wing of a veteran scout.

Wondering if anyone knows about whether or not there is schooling available for someone looking to become a hockey scout?

I'll ask my coach. He has some pretty good (high?) friends in both the US & Canadian hockey scene.

We practice (mardi) tuesday(?).

I'm not a coach or anything right now, and I've heard about that online thing - but wouldn't trust it.

Basically I'm looking at different options for schooling right now and I wanted to see if there was any traditional schooling for ppl looking to get into scouting or something along that lines.

Talked for a while with a couple of Ottawa scouts during a rookie tournament a few years back and they both had the same thing to say: it's not what you know so much as who you know. Don't know anyone in an organization? Not much hope. Doesn't mean you can't make it, though. Go watch games - any games. Junior, senior, NHL, AHL, barnyard. Get yourself set up on paper and mark down what you learn. Then take it to someone in the industry, hand it over as your portfolio along with a cover sheet stating what you want to do then hope that your work speaks for itself and the team wants your services.