Bolts vs. Canadiens | Game Thread | 04/27/04 | Game 3 | Round 2

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by Toren

Perreault doesn't want to leave Montreal because of his kids. I think he's proven what a valuable part of this team he can be. I just wish we didn't have a logjam at center. The way I see it, we don't need a "fourth" line anymore. Our first two lines should stay with our top scorers. Then the third line will be our youngsters and a veteran. Like Perezhogin and Hossa centered by Perreault. Then the fourth line will be our shutdown line.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Ryder - Ribeiro - (blank)

(blank) - Perreault - Perezhogin

Begin - Dowd - (blank)

There are several options for the blanks. As much as I'd like to see Kastsitsyn in the lineup, he needs some seasoning in the CHL before he makes the big club, or he'll spend another year in Russia, then make the jump to the AHL when he's old enough. Bulis might play on the left of Perreault, which would add speed and defensive responsibility to that line, and free up a spot for Ward on the "grind line". Hossa might get a shot and play on the wing with Ribs, but who knows.

All in all, it looks like a good lineup for next year.

[Edited on 2004/4/28 by Toren]

Perreault has had his good moments, even good games, in these playoffs but one should remember why he was relegated to the fourth line in the first place - he wouldn't or couldn't play Julien's system on a consistent basis. As I see it, if Perreault wants to stay in Montreal he'll have to fight it out with Begin, Bulis, Higgins, Hossa, Ward, Plecanec, Perezhogin and (hopefully) Dowd for a spot on the third or fourth line. Somehow I see Perreault back in a Kings uniform next year.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this. Langdon is a shoe-in to be brought back. He gave our team a physical element and taught other teams a lesson. How long was it between real heavy-weights? I think our last one was Brashaer - that's not a good thing!

As well as Perreault has played, I do believe it is time for him to go. His best skill is faceoffs, and playing on the wing doesn't give him that much of a chance. He was also inconsistant during the season. I think his best option would be the Quebec team in the WHA, which will hopefully start up this upcoming season. That way he can play on a team where he is possibly the top (or top 2) centreman, and stay near Montreal for his kids.

Juneau's spot will be taken by Dowd (so resign him!), Dackell's spot will be taken by Ward, Sundstrom's spot will be taken by Bulis (3rd line LW), Quintal's spot will be taken by Hainsey or Beauchemin

And sign Kovalev, injured hip or not, he's still a force to reckon with.

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

Hossa/Perezhogin/Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Dowd-Ward

Begin-Higgins-Langdon

Markov, Souray, Komisarek, Rivet (until his contract expires), Bouillion, Hainsey or Beauchemin.

Our forwards are solid, with 2 offensive- and 2 defensive-oriented lines, with our third line also being able to chip in timely offense, and our first line also being responsible in our own zone.

Our defensemen have a good offensive element (Markov, Souray, and both Komisarek and Hainsey can shoot), but are still solid defensively.

I think that the next season will be the season to give Garon a chance to take Theodore's spot. Play him more, give him some games with pressure. With Michaud, Damphousse, Danis, et al all milling around in the AHL, one of them will have to make the big leagues sooner or later. And Garon is not happy being just a backup, so he'd either have to take over for Theo, or we trade him. I'm not saying Theo sucks, but until he puts up numbers similar to the Hart-Vezina trophy season, I won't be convinced he's the goalie we need for #25. Maybe it's Danis...

Either way, we have one game left, make it a good one.

that loss was painful....I can't believe it. Now instead of being down 2-1 (like we should), were down 3-0, which of course it shouldnt have been. I am in alot of pain, but what will remove some of it, is if the leafs lose to flyers tonight, and lose the series.

This game was not Theo's fault or kommi's or sunny's or rivet's.

My God! we have given tampa turnover after turnover after turnover.

I don't care how well we played. We turned the puck over continually.

All three games........

Turnovers like this in all their quantity are the problem of the team, not a couple of guys.

We stand 0 chance of winning if we DON'T STOP GIVING THEM THE ######ING PUCK IN PRIME SCORING POSITION.

:monkey: