Some cracks are starting to appear...

Canajun

I like Ryder and believe that he will come out of this slump. This is how pure goal-scorers operate. However, let me take this opportunity to float my preferred pet trade idea: Ryder for Sami Salo in Vancouver. Salo would give us that extra top-4 d-man we need, Ryder would give the Canuckleheads some much-needed offence...it's win-win and (I think) doable in the cap framework.

I like Ryder and believe that he will come out of this slump. This is how pure goal-scorers operate. However, let me take this opportunity to float my preferred pet trade idea: Ryder for Sami Salo in Vancouver. Salo would give us that extra top-4 d-man we need, Ryder would give the Canuckleheads some much-needed offence...it's win-win and (I think) doable in the cap framework.

if it wasn't for the fact that Salo is consistently injured I like that deal, then I would turn around and try to get a first line winger for Huet by Christmas...done and done

True, but they aren't getting much offence other than from 5 players in any situation, whether they work hard or not.

It is frustrating when they don't show up against a very beatable team like Toronto, though.

Someone talked about our "big 3" and how the depth on D really drops off from there. I think you can look at all teams but about 3 or 4 in the NHL and say the same thing. If any team loses one if it's top 3 d-men, they are hard pressed to compete for over the long haul. I actually think our depth is better suited for making up for that loss than other teams, though obviously it'd be very tough.

Just be thankful our top 3 is producing, although I personally think Markov has dropped off defensively signficantly this year. He's been turned inside more than a couple of times already.

glad someone else noticed that. I've been saying this to my friends and they called me crazy, but he does more turnovers and more "soft" plays than last year...

glad someone else noticed that. I've been saying this to my friends and they called me crazy, but he does more turnovers and more "soft" plays than last year...

It could be worse, we coulda picked Souray over him.