Manitoba court confirms girls have right to play boys hockey

Pierre the Great

i don't see anything wrong with this. The only stipulation is that they have to be good enough to make the team, and not just make it because the school is afraid of political backlash. There isn't a chance of the girls getting hurt because from what I know, high school hockey is non contact.

i don't see anything wrong with this. The only stipulation is that they have to be good enough to make the team, and not just make it because the school is afraid of political backlash. There isn't a chance of the girls getting hurt because from what I know, high school hockey is non contact.

every article I have ever read advocating female inclusion in men's leagues has been premised on the presupposition that the woman in question could qualify for the team. If the woman is unable to make the team, there is no issue. I know the American jurisprudence on this issue has (with the possible exception of the Palmer case is Florida) involved a woman whom it was generally agreed could field her position.

probably yes, but what would the advantage be for the male participant? Unless its the only league in your town, I doubt you'll ever see men competing in women's leagues.

well, if a guy sucks and can't make the Men's team, maybe he can make the Women's team?

This is stupid, girls in guys hockey is really bad.

Ive played on teams with that, both as a kid and even a few years ago on a university house league team, it sucked. The girls were the worst players and they ruined the locker room atmosphere, have to be careful about covering up, no vulgar jokes. I quit halfway through the season, terrible hockey and no fun.

What a joke.

I dont know why this thread is "NHL Talk" since it has nothing to do with the NHL...

Your signature line about Saku made me laugh harder than anything anyone has ever written on these boards. KoZed wins.

Hopefully, this is only allowed if there is no girls team. Otherwise, you're right, this would be the end result.

in the U.S. that is generally the rule, but men playing on women's teams need not be the end result otherwise.

Edited by simonus

Absolute nonsense. Some people may say that this decision illustrates that equality is alive and well. OK, what if Lindros, Chara, Bertuzzi or Komisarek were to WALLOP Hayley Wickenheiser or Cassie Campbell against the boards?

Result: They both could breath as long as no one unplugged them.

Equality? Whatever!

Absolute nonsense. Some people may say that this decision illustrates that equality is alive and well. OK, what if Lindros, Chara, Bertuzzi or Komisarek were to WALLOP Hayley Wickenheiser or Cassie Campbell against the boards?

Result: They both could breath as long as no one unplugged them.

Equality? Whatever!

they check in high school? that's news to me.