Yuskevich forced into retirement

Psycing

Russian warrior forced to quit

At the age of 37, Yushkevich was forced to say goodbye to the game after the tragic death of his first wife in California. With three children to take care of there was no room left for hockey. The 5-4 loss with Severstal Cherepovets at Amur Khabarovsk on January 8 will remain his last hockey game.

Horrible news for this guy. I always admired his play, and hated to play against him.

Aww, thats too bad.

I always thought he was a decent Dman, even when he was with the Leafs. I wasnt even sure if he was still playing any where. I was actually thinking of him just last week after JFJ was fired. No clue why Yuskevich was listed in the Worst trades made by Cliff Fletcher as a Leaf GM.

I'll never forget his instant classic comments after what the Leafs did to him.

"the only 1 in the Leaf organization that I trust is Carlton the Bear because he doesnt talk"

He was deadly with the Panthers. When T.O. acquired him I was initially pissed off. But just like Larry Murphy who looked like a bum for the Leafs, so too with Yuskevich. :lol: What happens to players when they play there beats me. Murphy went to Detroit and looked like another person. Same with Yuskevich really. Many times he looked like a bonehead on D with T.O. The media and fans hated him wearing #67 :lol:

Too bad. He was awesome :clap: But, all players leave eventually for whatever reasons. Good luck to him.