Rate a player!!!

Guy_Guy_Guy

Hey I got this idea from another forum. I'm not sure if everybody knows how it works but I'm gonna start by posting a hockey player's name and the next person to post will have to rate him on a scale of 10 and please leave out a few words of explanation and then you post a name and so on and so fourth.

Joe Sakic?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Sakic?

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

9 - The perfect hockey player that seems to keep getting better.

NINE !!!???????????????? WTFF... you want to be banned?? :nono:

;)

Originally posted by Guy_Guy_Guy

8/10 A great hockey player... used to be one of the best

Jaromir Jagr?

[Edited on 2004/7/6 by Guy_Guy_Guy]

9 - He's not as good now as he used to be (not on as good of teams) , but he still has amazing talent.

Patrick Lalime?

Originally posted by puck7x

Patrick Lalime?

An excellent regular season goalie, but has never had much success in the playoffs. On a new team, we will find out if it was he who always folds or the rest of the team that folds.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Patrick Lalime?

An excellent regular season goalie, but has never had much success in the playoffs. On a new team, we will find out if it was he who always folds or the rest of the team that folds.

You forgot to add your own player to be rated, without another player this game is over :o

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

You forgot to add your own player to be rated, without another player this game is over :o

Oops, I was in a hurry to leave when I typed that and forgot to do that.

Brett Hull

Bret Hull

A generous 7

Age has caught up to him. Way too one dimensional, have seen him play several times up close (at Joe Louis x 2 as a Red Wing, at Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens x 2 as member of the Blues). When his team was in their own zone on the defensive his skates were planted in the neutral zone waiting for an outlet pass. I gave him a seven only because he can decide a game at the end with his shot.

Peter Forsberg ?

Peter Forsberg: 9

He deserves a 10 based on his skill, but he's hurt WAY too much. Is he really as tough as people think he is? He plays hard with great skill, but his team hasn't been able to count on him lately.

Martin St. Louis

Martin St Louis

10 - He prove it last year winning it all. Hart, Art Ross and the Cup. He showed everyone that skills and heart are more important than size and technique.

Rate this player as for now, July 2004 (not for his career)

Mario Lemieux

Lemieux - currently

He is similar to Forsberg IMO. He should be rated higher, but he can't stay healthy. He is too old to play the body much anymore, and he cherry-picks like nobody's business. At times though, he can still remind people that he was once the best there was.

Ha, I typed that up at 5 AM this morning after I finally gave up on getting any sleep. I think I actually typed in a player at the end of another post and edited out, but forgot to put it in the right spot. Lack of sleep will do that to a person.

Garon: 5

A more than adequate backup, but unproven as a starter. Looks great at times, but pretty bad at others. Time will tell if he is true NHL material.

Marc Denis?

(BTW, now I'm 3/5 on remembering to list another player.)

dont worri, it will rise to 9 next year, u have to luv his signature shot tho!... right from the left faceoff circle, topshelf over the goalies shoulder.

Ryan Smyth

Originally posted by Macaskill

Ryan Smyth

7.5 - Really tough player, will play through all sorts of pain and take punishment, he's got some nice skills too! I wish the habs had someone like him.

Mats Sundin?

Mats Sundin?

He is consistently in the top 10 in scoring it seems like, and seems like a pretty complete player. He is also one of the better faceoff men around the league, interesting for such a scorer. If he weren't a Leaf, he might get a 9.

Darcy Tucker?