1. Montreal

2. Pittsburgh

3. Carolina

4. New Jersey

5. New York

6. Philadelphia

7. Washington

8. Boston

How sweet would this be? Montreal would face a Bruins team that hasn't been able to beat them all year (knock on wood), there's a great Crosby-Ovechkin matchup, nobody cares about 3-6, and at least one of the teams that we've a lot of trouble against this year gets knocked out in the Rags and Devils. Best of all, Ottawa would be out. :king:

Yup, we did pwn the Beans this last coupla seasons or so but beware of taking thinks for granted, they would be plenty motivated for a series against the Habs. Personally I don't think there are any "easy" teams the Habs could play in the first round, every one of the possible opponents could give us trouble. They are actually 9th now but Washington is hot they could squeak in and then we could face Huet, who has the book on every Habs shooter (how ironic would that be?). This should be one hell of a final week . . .

I'd like to face Boston, but something tells me they would be motivated to get us back. On top of that, while they have sucked against the Habs this year, they have shown they can compete with pretty much every other team so that gives me cause to worry. The Flyers would be a safer bet.

I dont see Washington leaping over Boston.

And you have to keep in mind that we could finish 2nd in the Conference and that the 7th spot is even more up for grabs than the 8th.

NY Rangers, maybe?

I'd like to face Boston, but something tells me they would be motivated to get us back. On top of that, while they have sucked against the Habs this year, they have shown they can compete with pretty much every other team so that gives me cause to worry. The Flyers would be a safer bet.

Agreed. I would also prefer to face Philiy. Boston is bound to win some games against us this year(if we meet in the playoffs) Plus, Brière seems to have a hard time in Montreal!