Improvements for Game 4

smon

I don't think GC needs to make many changes.

Move Streit up front. Put O'Byrne on the D and sit out either Ryder or Dandenault.

Apprently the Habs will work on the PP during practise today. That is a good thing. The bruins are taking away the passing lanes during our PP. We have to find new solutions to make sure our PP clicks! It is crucial if we want to get far in the playoffs.

Stop sending the puck to Kovy along the boards, the Bruins know this play and are countering it very well. Markov and Streit need to shoot more often from the point.

Take a good look at Markov tonight. You'll notice that whenever the puck comes to him at the Blue line, he will hesistate to shoot, and that fraction of a second allows a Bruins player to cover his shooting lane! Wake up Markov! You've been our worst player out there for the past 2 games.

That's unfortunately so true. Kovalev has all but run out of tricks on the right side at the powerplay - he either shoots, and it's blocked or easily saved, or he tries to deke, and the big reach of the Bruins' penalty killers stops that short.

Here's a question - whatever happened to his one-timers? He used to be great at them, but these days, as soon as he gets the puck, he plays around with it, and all the shooting lanes are quickly covered.

Once we get that powerplay working, I think we could blow Boston away. While they're trying to limit their penalties, tempers will flare if we pull a goal or two ahead, and a game or two ahead, etc. Get the PP working, it'll bring the confidence back, and we're back on track.

Here's a question - whatever happened to his one-timers? He used to be great at them, but these days, as soon as he gets the puck, he plays around with it, and all the shooting lanes are quickly covered.

That's because the Bruins are doing an incredible job of blocking the passing lanes. When Kovy used his one-timer, the pass usually came from Markov. It was a cross-ice pass from the point. The Bruins have done a remarkable job of blocking those lanes­. That's another one of the reasons why our PP sucks soo much right now!

Yes, Streit was pathetic again. He needs a benching. People wonder all year why i say we shouldn't re sign him, well this is the reason. He isn't tough enough to play in big games. I beleive he was torched twice on the PP and didn't pick up his man several times.

Put in #70. What's the worst that could happen.