Just a thought...

ricucity

Why don't we go after Todd Harvey for a 3rd or 4th line right winger? We have Sunny and Begin for LW and C on line 4, and I think Harvey has shown flashes of what he was supposed to be in the NHL (a premiere power forward). I think for a low salary ($1 mil) he could surprise and notch 10 goals. He is a good hitter and is physical, and he does play well offensively near the net for a 4th liner...I think he could just be a steal if we sign him to a 2 year 2 million dollar deal. :/)

Originally posted by ricucity

Why don't we go after Todd Harvey for a 3rd or 4th line right winger? We have Sunny and Begin for LW and C on line 4, and I think Harvey has shown flashes of what he was supposed to be in the NHL (a premiere power forward). I think for a low salary ($1 mil) he could surprise and notch 10 goals. He is a good hitter and is physical, and he does play well offensively near the net for a 4th liner...I think he could just be a steal if we sign him to a 2 year 2 million dollar deal. :/)

Harvey is alright, I guess, but he could of been so much more, he never reached his potential. Also I think Ward will be the 4th line RW and Sundstrom the 3rd RW ...

The habs signing Harvey (or any other ufa filler) depends on what plans the habs have for our prospects, Julien/Gainey might want to give a youngster a shot on a bottom line...

Yea I guess so, but there still might be some talent to be tapped with Harvey. Ward, IMO, could probably play 2nd line RW with Ryder on the left. Dagenais has no future here, despite what he did in the regular season. Ward could end up being a pretty good power forward, and could hit 40 points on the 2nd line this year.

Right now things look like this :

Koivu/Bulis/Zednik {God help us if Babs can't find some better wingers for Saku}

Ribeiro/Ryder/Dagenais{Maybe Higgins}

Bonk/Hossa{Or risk losing him on waivers}/Ward

Begin/???/Sundstrom

Higgins will probably get a long look. Not much of a change from last season, with the exception of Bonk being a huge upgrade over Perreault IMO!!!!

I think McCarthy would be an excellent replacement for Langdon. I was sorry to see Darren go though.

Yea, I will never forget the fight he put up against Tie Domi in that epic game against the Leafs this year, that left the whole city wishing for a Habs/Leafs match up in the playoffs... well All I can say, is I think we got something better.... Habs/Bruins :D.

Sundström on the fourth?

I think Sunny could be on the second or the third if he could stay healthy and if he found his game.

I was surprised that he signed a contract with Montreal. But he did, and if that means that he WANTS to play for this team I think Sundström could be this years surprise.

Sundström - Bonk - Bulis

Originally posted by ch_nl

Sundström on the fourth?

I think Sunny could be on the second or the third if he could stay healthy and if he found his game.

I was surprised that he signed a contract with Montreal. But he did, and if that means that he WANTS to play for this team I think Sundström could be this years surprise.

Sundström - Bonk - Bulis

Here is a player who has only scored more than 13 goals on two occasions in a 9yr career & you would play him o the second line??? Third line I can see, but the second line??? With that said, I placed Bulis on the first, who IMO, is also nothing more than third line winger at best.