Kovalev playing at the All-Star game

tokyohabs

http://www.rds.ca/impact/chroniques/251874.html

Hey JLP, can you say, 'Asashoryu'?

Asashoryu is the bad boy for sure, does not play by the rules even though he's better than most everyone else, but still the system says the rules matter more. (Can you say "Carbonneau" . . . ^_^ )

Actually Asashoryu playing soccer in Mongolia is something like the Brisebois-to-France thing, or who was it 'injured' but seen skiing in Europe those years ago?

It was, indeed, the Breezer.

Asashoryu is the P.I.M.P. If you haven't been, get down to Ryogoku to watch him fight, preferably on the last day of one of the bashos - electricity through the crowd, and he kicks ass. Even when he loses, it is ridiculous how much better he is. They'll ban him for life soon, I guess - they'll do anything to wipe out last year, the greatest year by a fighter ever.

Ha ha, Carbo should become head of the Sumo association, he'd fit right in.

It was, indeed, the Breezer.

Asashoryu is the P.I.M.P. If you haven't been, get down to Ryogoku to watch him fight, preferably on the last day of one of the bashos - electricity through the crowd, and he kicks ass. Even when he loses, it is ridiculous how much better he is. They'll ban him for life soon, I guess - they'll do anything to wipe out last year, the greatest year by a fighter ever.

Ha ha, Carbo should become head of the Sumo association, he'd fit right in.

It's been said the "purists" don't like gaijin doing well in Sumo.

Asashoryu is the bad boy for sure, does not play by the rules even though he's better than most everyone else, but still the system says the rules matter more. (Can you say "Carbonneau" . . . ^_^ )

Actually Asashoryu playing soccer in Mongolia is something like the Brisebois-to-France thing, or who was it 'injured' but seen skiing in Europe those years ago?

well, you're right and wrong, it was :

Brisebois traveling to France while "injured"

and

Malakhov skiing at Tremblant while injured (with his kid in a "very very easy spot")

I luv medias.

Oops, I stand corrected. I thought it was the Brisebois story. Had forgotten Malakhov...with good reason.

Anyone going to see Kovy strut his soccer stuff at the new Claude Robillard II?

JLP, I was surprised. I thought the crowd wouldn't be too receptive of Asashoryu - especially as seeing one time i went, a Japanese underdog had a chance for a big upset win. 75% of the crowd went ape sh*t when the PIMP came out, and when he did his dragon-arm flex thing after obliterating the guy, It was about 99%. The purists are the wankers at the top, totally clued out as to what the fans want..

I didn't read the link...language issues...but what the hell does this thread have to do with Habs stuff?

It just says that the Montreal Impact were having some sort of event for the opening of the new Saputo Stadium. There is going to be a celebrity soccer game and Kovalev is one of the players who's going to be playing. It's not really surprising, Kovalev is a big soccer fan (apparently a good one too, but too slow, by his own admission, to be pro) and he is good friends with one of the Impact players but I can't remember his name. He's been seen at Impact games before.

It just says that the Montreal Impact were having some sort of event for the opening of the new Saputo Stadium. There is going to be a celebrity soccer game and Kovalev is one of the players who's going to be playing. It's not really surprising, Kovalev is a big soccer fan (apparently a good one too, but too slow, by his own admission, to be pro) and he is good friends with one of the Impact players but I can't remember his name. He's been seen at Impact games before.

Don't know why I know this, but it's Charles Gbeke.

Nice, Karine Vanasse playing... I can't wait to see her in soccer shorts with long stockings, etc..

:lol: