Schedule is up

Wamsley01

That's because it was a three year cycle schedule, so Montreal visited those teams in 2005.

I understand that, but I did not realize that each team gets 18 games with the other conference

I saw that the Western Canadian teams were coming to Montreal and assumed that was it.

But the Habs play a home and home with the Nucks, Flames and Oilers.

I prefer the NBA schedule. It makes more sense

Edited by Wamsley01

With fuel costs going through the roof, don't ever expect a NBA style schedule to be implemented. I'm surprised they went back to this schedule in that regard... and I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to that more extreme division/conference heavy schedule in the future.

Also, expect a 2-3-2 format to be introduced soon, paritcularily for the SC Finals. A lot of newspapers weren't sending their reporters to every game this playoffs because of the high cost of travel for a single game.

With fuel costs going through the roof, don't ever expect a NBA style schedule to be implemented. I'm surprised they went back to this schedule in that regard... and I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to that more extreme division/conference heavy schedule in the future.

Also, expect a 2-3-2 format to be introduced soon, paritcularily for the SC Finals. A lot of newspapers weren't sending their reporters to every game this playoffs because of the high cost of travel for a single game.

Well when the NBA changes it's schedule because of fuel cost I will stop wanting that for the NHL.

But until then it will remain feasible and sensible in my mind.

As for 2-3-2. That would have been a ridiculous setup for Philly/Pittsburgh. I would not expect a full implementation

of that but maybe something like they used in the early 90s when the option existed between the teams to cut travel

time and costs. All coming out of the over reaction that the poor Maple Leafs had to travel to LA 2 times in 1993.

Edited by Wamsley01

I will try to get a 10 games pack again this season, and maybe organize a little trip for Florida-Tampa on December 29-30. Would be awesome.