Habs sign Chad Anderson

JoeLassister

Another good sign, which now completes the Bulldogs top 6 defensemen core. With Valentenko, Carle, Belle, Weber, Henry, and Anderson, Hamilton should be quite strong defensily with an NHL goaltender behind them.

I would still like to sign another veteran forward, as the offense is extremely young and inexperienced. If Chipchura is sent down, which I'm afraid will happen, the top three lines should be quite decent nonetheless, something similar to this:

Pacioretty-Trotter-Lehoux

Glumac-Maxwell-D'Agostini

White-Chipchura-Stewart

There's still Beauregard and/or Desharnais that could surprise; Beauregard might, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Desharnais leave for Europe within 2 or 3 years of failing at the AHL level.

That team could push for the Calder Cup again... it will all depend on how quickly guys like Maxwell, Pacioretty, and White can adapt to pro hockey. It's more likely however that they'll have great ups and downs, and will come up short in the playoffs (especially if Montreal again recalls 2 or 3 good players).

Chipchura goes down only if Sundin is signed.

I am wondering If Dandy now is the extra D or if there is an open competion for it for someone from the Bulldogs.

BG did sign a few of those D to 2 way contracts.

I can't honestly say I heard of him, he might as well be named "generic minor league defenseman" in my books right now. Whatever, as pointed out, this gives the Bulldogs an obvious top 6 once Weber is signed, but he has his work cut out for him if he's looking to advance up the ranks as there are 3 highly regarded D propsects and 2 other D with NHL experience ahead of him.

I'm OK with the Dogs up front. Lehoux is there to replace Locke's offence and Glumac is an improvement on what Milroy and Ferland brought last year. Ajay Baines may still be around as well on a Hamilton exclusive deal, I don't know his status. Same with Manlow for another veteran if you will.

Chipchura is on the NHL team unless Sundin or someone else that's a big name is brought in. And if that were to happen, I hope they'd put him with some good offensively minded linemates, and not reprise his 2007 Calder Cup role. He's proven he can do that, if he needs to improve his game, he'd be best served by developing an offensive game at the same time.

With no Sundin I beleive he will play with Higgins and SK. I would Go Tanguay Koivu and Lats. He was a RW until the last 2 years. Obviously Lats and SK can flip positions.

I just think it'a better balanced lineup.

Begin Lapierre Laraque are the 4th line with Kosto as extra

Chipchura is on the NHL team unless Sundin or someone else that's a big name is brought in. And if that were to happen, I hope they'd put him with some good offensively minded linemates, and not reprise his 2007 Calder Cup role. He's proven he can do that, if he needs to improve his game, he'd be best served by developing an offensive game at the same time.

I completely agree, I hate the fact that once again last season he was paired up with the likes of Baines, Stewart or if "lucky" Ferland. He did perform well when he was given more offensive responsinilities, and we should do everything we can for him to develop his offensive game (he does have one).

After all, he did average a point per game in his last 2 seasons in the defensive-minded WHL with no support whatsoever, he was Canada's best goal scorer at the WJC (empty net goals count), and his 39 points as a rookie with the Bulldogs were pretty good considering the linemates he had (ex. Zach Stortini, Baines, Ferland...).

Last season with the Canadiens, I did noticed an above average hockey sense, and some good playmaking abilities on his part. If he does plays in Montreal with Higgins and S. Kostsitsyn, I think he'll be a pleasant surprise.

Don't forget Wyman, who should be pencilled in ahead of Glumac, Flinn, etc......

And what about Serge Aubin? With his size, he should get agood look as well.

It all depends on how well they'll do at the Bulldogs training camp. I'd like to see Wyman get a good chance too, but unless someone is injured, I can't see him beat any of Pacioretty, D'Agostini, Glumac, Lehoux (might be moved to the wing), White or Stewart for a spot on the top three lines. Otherwise, if we assume that Chipchura will remain in Montreal (and Desharnais fails to grab a spot), then Lehoux could play centre , and Wyman inserted in the lineup.

As for Aubin, he can't seem to be able to stick with the Bulldogs, not unlike Urquhart...

I dont'k know... lots can happen before the start of the season...

I am wondering If Dandy now is the extra D or if there is an open competion for it for someone from the Bulldogs.

If we don't sign Sundin and Chipchura plays on our 3rd line, I guess I would then

try to upgrade the D. Not through a trade though. I don't want to trade assets when

we have cap space available to spend.

I have always been a fan of Danny Markov and I believe he's unsigned and looking

to get back into the NHL. I'd only be interested in us signing him for 1 year, maybe

2 at the most. But, he can play both left and right D. He's an excellent defensive

dman and a nasty piece of work. Has a good first pass and is exactly the type of

dmen that teams look for when they are going to make a playoff run.

If we added Danny, I'd be thinking about making Bouillon our 7th dman so as to

not hinder the developement of Gorges or O'Byrne.

Then just trade Dandenault for a late round pick. Trading Dandenault gives us

more cap space for Markov and still have a war chest should we decide to

further upgrade for the playoffs.

Why look for a 7th dman when you can add a 4th.

If we don't sign Sundin and Chipchura plays on our 3rd line, I guess I would then

try to upgrade the D. Not through a trade though. I don't want to trade assets when

we have cap space available to spend.

I have always been a fan of Danny Markov and I believe he's unsigned and looking

to get back into the NHL. I'd only be interested in us signing him for 1 year, maybe

2 at the most. But, he can play both left and right D. He's an excellent defensive

dman and a nasty piece of work. Has a good first pass and is exactly the type of

dmen that teams look for when they are going to make a playoff run.

If we added Danny, I'd be thinking about making Bouillon our 7th dman so as to

not hinder the developement of Gorges or O'Byrne.

Then just trade Dandenault for a late round pick. Trading Dandenault gives us

more cap space for Markov and still have a war chest should we decide to

further upgrade for the playoffs.

Why look for a 7th dman when you can add a 4th.

I do believe Markov signed for 2 years with Moscow of the KHL. otherwise good idea

It's good to have one D with experience for two years. It's again a logic move by Brisebois-Gainey

for the Dogs and Habs depth.

Considering Carle, Belle or Valentenko make the line up 2008-2009 as a 7th or first call up if someone gets injured.

The second year is good again if Valentenko does not make the team 2009-2010 and goes back to Russia.

Oh yeah and he is an american, whats not to like for habs management...

I do believe Markov signed for 2 years with Moscow of the KHL. otherwise good idea

Your right, but he has a clause in his contact that says he can leave if he's given

a NHL contract offer he likes.

The Kings already made him an offer which he refused, so's he's available and

awaiting an offer he likes. I would think he would like to sign with a contender.

We could offer a 2 year deal worth 8M, 5M the first year and 3M the 2nd so he

could be moved easily to a team of his choice. Or, we could offer 4M for 1 year.

Your right, but he has a clause in his contact that says he can leave if he's given

a NHL contract offer he likes.

The Kings already made him an offer which he refused, so's he's available and

awaiting an offer he likes. I would think he would like to sign with a contender.

We could offer a 2 year deal worth 8M, 5M the first year and 3M the 2nd so he

could be moved easily to a team of his choice. Or, we could offer 4M for 1 year.

He didn't refuse the Kings' offer, he refused the Kings' request that he pass a physical before signing the contract. If that isn't a red flag, I don't know what is. Stay away from Danny boy.

We need a puckmoving d-man more than anything right now anyways. We'll be lucky if we get 10 goals, 30 assists combined from our #3 through #7 D right now (Komisarek, Gorges, Bouillon, O'Byrne, Dandy). To win in this league, you need your D to chip in offensively. That's part of the reason I still advocate bringing Brisebois back, given the lack of other options available. I don't think Subban or Carle will be ready for the NHL this year.

The two-way contract doesn't mean that they are eligible to jump from the AHL to the NHL (they could but some of them would have to pass through waivers), it means that if they play in the AHL they'd take a pay cut. I think they would only be paid a third of their salary or something. So if the Canadiens are looking for a player to fill out the farm team, they're going to sign him on a two-way contract so that they don't have to pay a farmer NHL wages. So the fact that our new d-men are on two-way contracts doesn't really add to their chances of making the Habs.

Don't forget Wyman, who should be pencilled in ahead of Glumac, Flinn, etc......

And what about Serge Aubin? With his size, he should get agood look as well.

You probably meant Mathieu Aubin. He's been a ppg player in the ECHL but failed to really make a place for himself at the AHL level. Time's starting to run short for him with Maxwell, Desharnais, O. Latendresse, Fortier, Russel, Trotter & White all centers and all potential Bulldogs.

I wouldnt really be surprised to see Wyman gets a taste of the ECHL. Physically he's fit for the pros, but I'm not sure he has the hockey sense to follow... yet.

I think people are underestimating Desharnais because of his size. It'll always be a knock on him, but what he has accomplished in the ECHL last year -- total domination from start to finish, winning the ECHL equivalent of Hart, Art Ross, Calder & Smythe -- should make people a bit more optimistic. I dont think he'll flop like similar featherweight Q alumni M-A Thinel did. Desharnais is a playmaking machine, so he needs snipers on his line to feed --someone like D'Agostini or Beauregard.

The signing of Lehoux was probably the best of all for the Dogs. He'll basically replace the offensive production of Locke but with some leadership and better overall game on top of it. Denis, Lehoux, Glumac, Flinn and Henry were badly needed vets, because the rest of the roster is extremely young all around.