Tre Kronor - Czech Republic

ch_nl

This is not the same team that Finland played the other night.

They play well but Jagr is tired.

Sweden goal scored by Fredrik Modin assisted by Mats Sundin in the first period.

Swedens fourth line with Holmström, Markus Nilsson and Samuel Påhlsson kicks ass. Hanrik Zetterberg also looks alert. Forsberg hit the post in the begining.

By the way, is this game broadcasted in Canada/ US?

I can't believe my eyes!

Tre Kronor is right now sending across the Atlantic.

4-0 and still about a half game left.

1-0: Fredrik Modin (Sundin)

2-0: Peter Forsberg (Holmström, Näslund)

3-0: Mattias Öhlund (Alfredsson, Modin)

4-0: Henrik Zetterberg

The Czechs had a shot in the post and are a bit dissapointed at the refs.

Tre Kronor won but it was a close one.

Czech Republic played one period, Sweden two. It was enough for Sweden to win but I think it was poor play from Swedens vets. They should have known better. Even Swedens assistan coach Ulf Dahlén said in the paus that the game was decided...

I honestly thought that after the 2nd that it was going to get ugly, I was thinking 6-1, 7-1 or so, but at least the game became exciting in the 3rd. Nothing like a Czech PP in the final minutes of play to get your heart pumping...

I was a bit puzzled as to why Sweden's checking line (Johansson-Jonsson-Axelsson) was not out there as often as it should've been when it was 4-0. As soon as Hardy started playing them in the 3rd, things began to stabilize, at least for a short period of time.

Tellqvist played well I thought, the 2nd goal was a bit shaky, but the saves he made in the last 2 minutes made up for it.

The Swedes haven't faced a real test yet (aside from today's 3rd period), but they will when they head for Finland. That'll be a good one to see.

Originally posted by Dutch_Hab_Fan

Easy easy ;), sounds like i'm missing a lot of fun. Wish i could see some here in Holland. Habsfannr.1, can you follow all this in Austria?

Gotta think about buying me a satelite receiver

If you'll buy a satellite receiver (of course a digital one *fg*), make sure that you'll also buy a (min.) 90cm satellite dish. Then you can watch lots of NHL games for free, you just have to know how to adjust the dish and the "feeds".

Here's a forum where you'll find the actual feeds: (though it's in German but I think you guys from the Netherlands also know a bit German :P)

http://board.satbook.de/

BTW: POLSAT SPORT shows every game of the WCH live.;)

edit: typo

[Edited on 2-9-04 by habsfannr1]

I think you're wrong. Remember how we ate you in the Olympics. (When we got robbed by Belarus.)

And remember how close the game was last time we met in the World Cup. Garpenlöv hit the post and Canada scored on the next attack.

Don't say Sweden is overrated, you just might have to eat that.