5 Habs videos to show a Brit

les_glorieux

Yeah so this guy I'm living with doesn't really know much about the Habs. He watched some of the playoffs, mostly the Penguins. I'd like to show him about 5 videos that encompass history, highlights, a really good Kovavlev one, and general awesomeness.

Any favourites? Here''s one that I have already:

Just buy him the boxset in November :D

There are so many to choose from, but I'd include the night when Saku returns from being out with cancer.

Yeah so this guy I'm living with doesn't really know much about the Habs. He watched some of the playoffs, mostly the Penguins. I'd like to show him about 5 videos that encompass history, highlights, a really good Kovavlev one, and general awesomeness.

Any favourites? Here''s one that I have already:

man, that video is somewhat boring... and for someone who's not a fan, it's long, boring and unsnificant... I had shivers when they showed the crowd and when the habs got on the ice, I almost dropped a tear... but I wouldn't have that girly-pom-pom-girl reaction for the Boston Bruins.

1. does he know about hockey at all? if not, I'd recommend starting by some videos like Pavel Bure highlights or Ovechkin highlighs. Those are players that would sell hockey in Africa.

2. Then, you introduce him lightly and shortly to the habs. try to find a short and sweet 100 years history video... but you could also just plug him on Wikipedia, telling him to look at that, as incredible as the Yankees... (no need for a video to see that we won 24 cups, that there was a riot for Maurice Richard in 50 something, that the club set a record for less losses in a season in 76, that Roy won the cup as a rookie, that Dryden won the cup as a rookie, etc), however that can come AFTER... you might not want to bore him with a stats sheet.

3. Show him videos like the Koivu ovation in April 2002, when he can back from Cancer. If you find them, you can try to get him a short recap of those playoffs. Cause this is the Habs 2000's history : Koivu.

4. Show him a video about Maurice Richard. A video about his incredible ovation at the Bell Center, just some years before he died.

5. Then maybe you can show him a video about a 2008 season recap.

Here's an obvious one:

You'll get a good Kovalev highlight here, one of his defining moments last season.

Lol, habs' first goal : Streit, streit to Ryder and Scores!!! :mellow:

10 seconds later : Save huet ... then : Save huet, what a nice save by Huet... :mellow: